Two years, two friends, twice the success! Over 120lbs lost.

AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
So let's start with the pictures that - looking back - started it all:

before1_zpsafebf84d.jpg

This is us, right after parmoute graduated with her bachelor's in library science. We both knew we were well...weighing a bit more than we should. But neither of us thought we were..like that.

544166a5-44d7-4824-badf-da25cc6dbcc0_zpsd31b908d.jpg That's us outside, me holding my daughter. This picture has been taped on my frig as inspiration.

About a month after these pictures were taken, I went to the doctor and found out I weighed darn near 200lbs. It was a huge wakeup call for me. I began tracking what I ate on a spreadsheet, but had no idea what I was doing. When my best friend came over for lunch on 6/22 and we talked, I found out she'd been trying to work on losing weight too. "Would it be easier if we did it together?" The answer was - YES. That day began a journey I don't think either of us had seen coming; she introduced me to MFP, and the rest was history.

Two years, a new state and new ph.d. program for her, a new baby for me, later, we are healthier, more active, stronger, and better off than we were then. I have found a love of running and am training for my first marathon, and parmoute continues to impress me with her dedication and the variety of fitness activities she incorporates into her life.

Two years later, she is down more than 65lbs and I am close to the 60lb mark. But the important numbers - both of us have reduced our bodyfat percentages to a healthy range. My resting hr has plummeted to a much more healthy place. Here our our in progress - because we have both learned there is no final destination on this journey, health is something we will work on our whole lives:

after_2_zpsb45b4081.jpg

after3_zps24d74988.jpg

(Goofy expression on my face in this one - my husband was making me laugh and I was struggling not to, so DERP!)

a5f1ee78-d3d2-4867-80c1-448d4fd95536_zpsc4e94294.png

Replies

• RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Wow! Great job!
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    You ladies look amazing. Great work.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Thank you! Fixed the size on some of the ginormous pics.
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Awesome job! I wish my friend would have gone on this journey with me, but she is not interested in changing her lifestyle. That's why I've joined MFP. You ladies look great!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Fantastic job! I love seeing the comparison shots, they say more than numbers ever could :)
  • Awesome job for both of you!! Congrats and keep up the good work... It does help when you have someone beside you to help get you thru...
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Way to go ladies. That is an awesome story and fantastic progress!
  • You guys look AMAZING!!! and younger! Congrats to you both!
  • Laurysu
    Laurysu Posts: 4
    CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Awesome job ladies! Look how happy & healthy you both look!
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    So awesome!!!! Good job :love:
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    I love this post! Congratulations ladies! Team effort. :smile:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    You look amazing!! WTG!! :drinker:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    awesome progress for the both of you!! Love the lifetime fitness goal too!!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Well done! What a great example you are to your kids!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Awesome job to both of you! You both totally rock! You are absolutely inspirational!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    great work!
    you look so much healthier and so happy :)
  • WonkaCat
    WonkaCat Posts: 42
    Awesome! You are so lucky to have a friend to go on the journey with. You two look fantastic!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Fantastic job! You both look great!!
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    You guys look great!! :) wooooh whooo...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!