Shaved off 300+ calories from last nights dinner!

Options
so my department often orders out from various takeout/delivery places. Last night was Jason's Deli...in which I normally get the Club Royale with Baked Chips. I looked on the website, and discovered that sandwich is 732, not counting the chips! EEK!

So instead, got the Club Lite, which knocked it down to 475 calories, and got steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots) instead of chips.

Oh and I JUST discovered that regular yellow mustard has ZERO calories! How did I not know that?!??!

Replies

• agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that thing about mustard, either! I love mustard. lol

And mmm.. jasons deli sounds sooo good right now.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Mustard has 0 cals?! :O
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    YES .. i am all about the mustard!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I put the mustard into the food database just now when I was inputting my lunch, and it came up as zero just about everything except sodium. I thought it was lying, so I went to my fridge to look...yup! ZERO calories! Makes sense though...yellow mustard is just like vinegar, water, and ground mustard I believe.
  • Yankees191
    Options
    I love their turkey rueben but am afraid to see how many calories is in that! Their salad bar is great too if you are eating in.
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    when i order sandwiches i ask for light mayo and lots of mustard....i always loved mustard but ever since i found out it was zero calories i enjoy it more often.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Hehe the Turkey Reuben is 510 Calories. But don't get too upset---you could be eating the regular Reuben with 860 calories!!!!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I loooove Jasons Deli! The Mediterranean Wrap is great and it has less than 400 calories.
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yup, all i ever use anymore is mustard. I stay away from mayo! I love jasons deli, try the Mediterranian Wrap. Its so tasty and only 320 cals. Knowing how many caloires are in certain dishes before you go out to eat actually makes me feel more in control.