Can't seem to get back in track!

Options
New to the community boards but desperate for some support.

A little about me....I'm 29 and have 3 kids ages 7,3, and 2. For about 7 years I weighed around 163lbs...after my youngest was born I went on a health kick and was really into beachbody programs and running. I ran weight loss challengers for my friends and theirs on Facebook and inspired a lot on people...I got down to 126lbs and felt great! At the beginning of last fall I crashed and burned. I slowly (or not so slowly) saw te scale creeping up. I did have a lot going on but I hate using that as an excuse. I keep saying tomorrow tomorrow...or I'll do good for a week and then it's over. I feel like I'm addicted to food. The scale this morning said 158lbs and I just cried...and ate. HELP!!!

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Right there with you......I've become so desperate I've googled where to get motivation! I feel as though certain foods throw me off track for a while, and I tend to just eat too much every time I eat certain foods. I don't know but I understand what you are going through! My youngest turns 2 and I still have 25lbs holding on :(
  • vanilla212
    vanilla212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was in a very similar situation until just few weeks ago. Some positive progress is really the best motivation there is, IMO. Get back in the habit of logging everything (EVERYTHING!) even if you can't cut back quite yet. This will enable you to view which meals, times of day, specific foods, etc are the most challenging to your success. Then slowly begin to chip away in the problem areas. This may sound controversial-- but start weighing yourself every day, especially if you have been avoiding the scale. Tell yourself the 158 is the max. Period. Even with these steps it will take a while for the feeling of success and commitment to return but it will.
  • RRizzo1010
    RRizzo1010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'll binge too when I think I'm going to "start tomorrow" it's so frustrating and I'm getting depressed
  • RRizzo1010
    Options
    Thanks.... That's exactly what I need to do...I need to start tracking religiously again. I'm sure the anout of calories in taking in is sickening
  • napier85
    napier85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat on "tomorrow". Every day I say that, then every day I end up looking at myself and putting myself down for not being strong enough to make the changes to be healthier. I was really successful with Myfitnesspal two years ago when I did just what Vanilla212 said---which was track everything all of the time---every little bite. Eventually, it made me so aware and helped me slowly cut down on what I was eating or swap choices----like egg whites for breakfast instead of pancakes and I lost over 20 pounds.

You don't have to wait until tomorrow, start right now. I'm in it with you!!!
  • lcthomas83
    Options
    I'm sorry everyone is going through this, but with that said it's good to know that I am not the only one living with this "crash today, restart tomorrow" belief. Napier85 could not be more right. Track everything not matter what. Also, I try to remind myself that even when I have a "bad" day does not mean I need to let it turn into a "bad week" or "bad month". It is a day to day process.

Keep up the good work!!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, too. I dropped 63 lbs from January 2012 - August 2012; I was running for the first time in my life, did 5K's, was able to run 8 miles with no problem, took zumba three days a week, and had started weight lifting and last June I did a 10 mile trail hike. I went from 3X tops to medium/large; 16 stretch jeans to size 6-8's. I came into overtime at my job in February 2013 working up to 64 hrs/week and still logged into MFP everyday, still counted calories but didn't have time to cook & was eating processed "healthy food" instead. Then the overtime slowed down some, but I ended up having health issues & cooking meals after work was something I couldn't often manage (aka a lot of take out). I've gained back 34 lbs and I hate my body again. I had gotten rid of all my "fat clothes". I'm now getting my health back on track by switching to homeopathic methods, but it's now three years since I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I'm seeing my symptoms get worse & I don't even know how to start exercising again. I'm so glad I saw this thread today; I don't often look at the board anymore so I take this as a sign!! Here's to all of us getting 'back to where we were!"
  • BritDeVries
    Options
    Today is my tomorrow. Like everyone that has posted, I have let myself get completely off track. I really started caring about my weight and fitness level after my youngest was born in 2007. By 2010 I was down to 132 pounds (the lowest I've ever been). I found the low 130s to not be maintainable and stayed around the 140 mark for quite a while. Today I stepped on the scale and gasped when I saw 154.2. It's time that I do something about this and get control back.
  • RRizzo1010
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in this!! Thank you all for your support!