Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I play guitar for a band, wondering if you'd like to check us out. We are kinda like Korn and Prong crossed with NIN and Linkin Park.

http://www.stereokiller.com/plagueofhumanity
    http://www.facebook.com/plagueofhumanity

Thanks!
    Larry
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This is going to be quite the departure from metal, but let's say it still counts as both epic and exercise.

Try running to the very first track off of the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. You will most likely feel eight feet tall, built like Arnold, and you might punch every inanimate object you run by. Seriously, it gets me pumped.

I should clarify: Arnold Conan, not Khal Drogo Conan.
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Will do ;)
  • L4manski
    Options
    I need some New Metal to listen to. Any suggestions? I am going to check out the new Prong but what else is good?

Thanks!
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the minority on this thread too, so it seems, as I am a 35 year old mother of 5. I have been to hundreds of concerts though. I spent my 30th Bday at a Six Feet Under show. No mid life crisis here! :wink:
    We love almost all types of tunes except opera and rap but if we go to a concert it is metal. This years big show will be Amon Amarth. Our third time! I would also like to see FFDP, Volbeat, and Hellya. But it looks like they will skip Portland this tour. :/

I got my hand broken in the mosh pit of a FFDP concert when i was 31. (And still stayed until the encore, which was a song i hated anyway, so i did leave then...and drove myself to a hospital in Pittsburgh, lol).

But i work out from anything to tool to mudvayne to tori amos to ani difranco....hmmm.

Dad *kitten*!!!
  • gakette420
    Options
    Hatebreed on shuffle is my usual weapon of choice in the gym, for the encouraging lyrics as much as the music.

Proper love of Prong at the moment, though. I've been listening to them since 1990 and forgot how good they are!

The first time I saw Prong they played Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck before releasing it on record. It was an outdoor concert and the pit got so wild there was a huge dust cloud forming above the crowd. So cool! I also enjoy working out to Hatebreed for the same reasons, good beats, fun to sing.
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need some New Metal to listen to. Any suggestions? I am going to check out the new Prong but what else is good?

Thanks!

Heard Crossfaith?

Eta: and Asking Alexandria?
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The new Mastodon album is SUPERB :)
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options
    Hatebreed on shuffle is my usual weapon of choice in the gym, for the encouraging lyrics as much as the music.

Proper love of Prong at the moment, though. I've been listening to them since 1990 and forgot how good they are!

The first time I saw Prong they played Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck before releasing it on record. It was an outdoor concert and the pit got so wild there was a huge dust cloud forming above the crowd. So cool! I also enjoy working out to Hatebreed for the same reasons, good beats, fun to sing.

Excellent, I saw them in 1992 when they were touring for Prove You Wrong.
  • L4manski
    Options

Prong are so underrated and great live. Tommy Victor is my favorite guitarist as far as writing riffs. They have such a groove...

Going to download the new one...
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options

Prong are so underrated and great live. Tommy Victor is my favorite guitarist as far as writing riffs. They have such a groove...

Going to download the new one...

New album is decent. Tommy Victor is one of the most underrated guitarists/vocalists in metal.
  • gakette420
    Options
    I am kind of in the minority on this thread too, so it seems, as I am a 35 year old mother of 5. I have been to hundreds of concerts though. I spent my 30th Bday at a Six Feet Under show. No mid life crisis here! :wink:
    We love almost all types of tunes except opera and rap but if we go to a concert it is metal. This years big show will be Amon Amarth. Our third time! I would also like to see FFDP, Volbeat, and Hellya. But it looks like they will skip Portland this tour. :/

I got my hand broken in the mosh pit of a FFDP concert when i was 31. (And still stayed until the encore, which was a song i hated anyway, so i did leave then...and drove myself to a hospital in Pittsburgh, lol).

But i work out from anything to tool to mudvayne to tori amos to ani difranco....hmmm.

Dad *kitten*!!!

I meant ...Bad *kitten*! oops! no dad butt plaease! lol
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Dad *kitten*!!!

I meant ...Bad *kitten*! oops! no dad butt plaease! lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Huh. For a minute i thought you meant dat *kitten* and couldn't figure out how you could see mine.
    I will say, best mosh pit ever, in my opinion.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    49 year old metal head from LA checking in.
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Old school metal head/ hair band aficionado here. Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and early Kid Rock get my feet moving!!!
  • rtchap2
    rtchap2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I was a teenager in the early 80's and Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Thrash is, was and always will be my Tunes of Choice! \m/ First band that brought me into the fold was AC/DC with the late Great Bon Scott. From there was Van Halen and a host of others till 1983 when I heard a bootleg Demo of Metallica. Became a Thrash Metal Die Hard Fan and still am today. Favorite Band is Megadeth and seen them twice last year and 3 times prior. Been to 67 Concerts to date but will always check out Megadeth and Iron Maiden when they tour. So yeah! Metal made me and I listen everyday and while working out \m/
  • rtchap2
    rtchap2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In This Moment is BAD *kitten* and Maria Brink's voice is mesmerizing and it is better live! Saw them last year in a club and was blown away. *kitten* is awesome!
  • gakette420
    Options
    It's nice to see so many concert goers. My husband and i sat and tried to name all the bands we have seen off the top of our heads. We came up with 100. When we went through our ticket stubs we came up with 48 more and I know we lost a few also. It was fun looking through all the stage lists i had swiped or been given and all the picks and drum sticks we have caught over the years.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options

YES!!!
  • L4manski
    Options

YES!!!

iTunes is streaming it free, I'll have to give it a listen...