preparing for gastric sleeve

Options
I have been on a liquid protein diet since June 2nd down 11 lbs. My surgery is on June 16th. Feeling hungry the entire time but not to bad now. Just choking down sweet protein 3 to 4 times a day sucks. I keep reminding myself it will get better.

Replies

• lkillsontop
    Options
    Hi my name is Lori I am scheduled for a gastric sleeve on June 16, 2014. Excited but scared at the same time. My highest weight was 314.6 I am 303 today.
  • 1PhillyChick
    1PhillyChick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I must consider sleeve gastrectomy at the suggestion of my physician. I'd like to follow your progress. They are looking at September or October if I am unable to lose weight on my own...there are many comorbitity issues related to my diabetes.
  • Playnkate
    Playnkate Posts: 5
    Options
    Day 3 of pre-surgery diet for gastric sleeve. Not doing too terribly -- the Isopure chocolate is pretty tasty.

Surgery date: June 30.

Hardest part -- is continuing to cook for my husband and son ... but not eating! ;-(
  • xcupcake_cutiex
    Options
    Day 3 of pre op diet and I am hungry and trying to tell myself mind over matter .. Any tips on calming hunger pains?
  • lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery. I just had the sleeve done on 5/29 of this year. Would love to become friends. Sending you a request.
  • Playnkate
    Playnkate Posts: 5
    Options
    Are you meeting your protein goal? I've nibbled some raw green pepper and raw cucumbers (ok'd by my MD Team) -- that helps and I sure do appreciate the ability to crunch and chew! (Must meet protein goal BEFORE veggies are allowed.)

I'm on day 4 -- and things aren't too terrible. We'll see how the weekend goes!

Kate
  • susiekathleen
    Options
    My sister did not have the sleeve, she had gastric bypass in march. she has gone from a size 22 to a size 14.....it has been a tough recovery for her and doesn't seem to be getting much better, she is losing the weight but has not been an easy road. almost immediately after surgery her diabetes was no longer, and her BP is normal again. My thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope your journey serves you well. i would love to hear of your progress, when you feel up to it :flowerforyou:
  • pattybolstadvasile
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to see how you were feeling.. I am going in on the 24th anything you have to share?
  • Kitteh777
    Kitteh777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unjury unflavored protein has been my savior! It is a bit on the pricey side but I love it an can add it to just about everything without that gross flavor! I buy it online.:wink:
  • billiegardner
    Options
    Best wishes for you, I had the Gastric Bypass on 4/14/14 and I am down 60 pounds!
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, my doctor has suggested this option for me as well. I'm trying to drop some pounds onmy own 1st. Can you tell me the details of the diet? I'd really like to get a clear understanding from those who are doing it.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone: FYI there are groups on MFP for Bypass patients if you are interested. They are VSGer's and Gastric Bypass/VSG/Lapband. check them out. Geared more to our specifics needs.

Good luck on your new lifestyle changes and the surgery as well.:smile:
  • johnny5c
    johnny5c Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy as a two tailed puppy! Hi all... I had my sleeve surgery just a week ago on Monday, and so far I'm very pleased wit the results. The recovery has being great. No need for the pain medication. no complications. The best of all is no hunger.... they say it's normal for the first two weeks. I have craved some sweets, but I'm dealing with it. Today I'm back to work... feeling a bit tired, but not too bad (just taking it easy). I have to thank the Dr. Seger and the staff of BMI of Texas for all their help and support. They have done an excellent job so far. I hope things continue to go this good and to see more pounds disappear. Will post again later.