One year down, the rest of my life to go!

Options
JustSomeEm
JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
Hey guys! Over the weekend, I hit 365 days of straight logging. I wanted to do this post on day 365, but time got away from me - so I'm taking a few minutes out of my work day to put this out there.

Last year, I meandered back over to MFP just to log my food intake. I was astounded at how many calories I was eating every day! I didn't really have a weight loss goal - at first I was just curious about how much I was eating. The first couple of weeks (hell, MONTHS) I played at logging - stopping when I didn't like how high the calories were going. Some time around October (maybe), I decided that I was going to log EVERYTHING, even if I didn't like how high the calories in my journal went. Slowly, I started making different choices, and a year later, I have hit my goal size - going from a very tight size 16 to size 8 pants. I'm still planning on losing another 10 to 15 pounds, but I am at a healthy BMI, and I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my first child.

Some pics - Me at my highest weight - over 200 pounds (in the blue shirt):

Me at slightly less (in the dress)

In April 2014 at 150 pounds and a size 10

This morning, weighing in at 144 and wearing size 8 pants and a medium shirt heading in to work (9 year old taking pics - they're fuzzy):

This weight loss thing is so do-able! And MFP is such a great tool to get you on your way - even if you don't start out super serious about it... I certainly wasn't. MFP made it easy to keep myself accountable, and helped me get to the healthiest I've been since I had kids.

Replies

• phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. I am at the beginning of this journey and am trying to log everything. I am an unconscious habit eater, an emotional eater and just love eating. Putting the fitbit with mfp is really visual for me. Hoping to do what u have done great great job
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if the pictures worked, since I can't see them on the computer at work (was going to check once I got home).

I have a Jawbone Up that does the same thing as the Fitbit and links to MFP too. I totally agree with you that having the visual really helps. :) I'm an emotional eater too - I just made a pact with myself to always log it, even if it isn't pretty. That helped me to change my habits a bit, and now if I get upset I go for a run or if I HAVE to eat something, I make sure it's healthier than the chocolate chip cookies I used to grab... OR I budget my calories and have a damn cookie... If I can do it, YOU can do it!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!

The photos didn't work, but you've got the coding right - I think you need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket or flickr or whatnot to post photos in the forums.

I bet you look fabulous in them, though!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, glad to hear that it had benefits that you didn't even expects. Good for you. Hope you get to your next goal.
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    Hey guys! Over the weekend, I hit 365 days of straight logging. I wanted to do this post on day 365, but time got away from me - so I'm taking a few minutes out of my work day to put this out there.

Last year, I meandered back over to MFP just to log my food intake. I was astounded at how many calories I was eating every day! I didn't really have a weight loss goal - at first I was just curious about how much I was eating. The first couple of weeks (hell, MONTHS) I played at logging - stopping when I didn't like how high the calories were going. Some time around October (maybe), I decided that I was going to log EVERYTHING, even if I didn't like how high the calories in my journal went. Slowly, I started making different choices, and a year later, I have hit my goal size - going from a very tight size 16 to size 8 pants. I'm still planning on losing another 10 to 15 pounds, but I am at a healthy BMI, and I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my first child.

Some pics - Me at my highest weight - over 200 pounds (in the blue shirt):
    035d152ecb784c50fca56e35ec627b68d4fb.jpg

Me at slightly less (in the dress)
    035df92cc6a610319c6d9a5b9a643b59f7d8.jpg

In April 2014 at 150 pounds and a size 10
    035dfc023c420f3fcc60d623b200deaf506f.jpg

This morning, weighing in at 144 and wearing size 8 pants and a medium shirt heading in to work (9 year old taking pics - they're fuzzy):
    035d5d6230fad3df3cb47a4516be5392cc0a.jpg035d3fac8276ad9e8deb1eac6fe2d402dd02.jpg

This weight loss thing is so do-able! And MFP is such a great tool to get you on your way - even if you don't start out super serious about it... I certainly wasn't. MFP made it easy to keep myself accountable, and helped me get to the healthiest I've been since I had kids.

Figured it out... Tried to edit my original post, but apparently it's been too long. for anyone else that tries to link to an image here on MFP, simply right click on the image and select 'Copy image location' from the context menu. Then paste the link into your post, surrounded by the [ img] [ /img] coding. Sorry about that!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! What a transformation :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!