8 weeks in and haven't lost a poung

Options
I have been doing the c25K running as well as some strength exercises, (Squats, lunges, crunches, weights) I was unable to run fore 60 seconds and now I can comfortably run for 28 minutes. The thing is.... the scale OR the inches aren't moving. I don't eat horribly, but it could be better.... but I don't understand why I can't even lose two pounds. Anyone have any tips for me. I'm on my eighth week and there isn't much of a difference, and I am getting really unmotivated.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating a day? if you arent counting then you are probably eating more than you think. the harsh reality is that most people have no clue how to portion meals properly, and often are unable to get results until they start tracking calories
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    80% of results, whatever kind of results you're looking for, will come from what you put in your mouth.

If you want help from people on here, they're going to ask you to open your diary.

I am not saying I know what the problem is, although I could speculate . . . however, just as a warning people are going to ask you to open your logging to help you out.

ETA: you can't out exercise a bad diet.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to get your diet in check.

If you are able to run longer however there is obviously a set of progression taking place.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating a day? if you arent counting then you are probably eating more than you think. the harsh reality is that most people have no clue how to portion meals properly, and often are unable to get results until they start tracking calories
    This

Track, measure and weigh everything that goes into your mouth!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    How accurately are you logging? If you aren't logging 100%, you can't say for certain you're eating at a deficit and that's ultimately what's going to create weight loss. Do you weigh your solid foods and measure liquids?
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    How Meticulous are you at truly counting calories in food and exercise related burns? It's always a classic of underestimating food intake and overestimating cals burnt through activity.
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do you log your food? I worked out for years and gained weight. Didn't start losing until I began to track my food intake.
  • candyinmyheels
    candyinmyheels Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above recommendations. Also, you may need to increase the intensity of your running (though it sounds like you are doing well with the c25k). sometimes i run and kind of take it easy, which is way different from running with higher intensity...if you have some extra funds, you may want to consider a heart rate monitor...i found one to be a great training aid when i first started running (and also later when i needed to step things up to continue weight loss). that way you are running to a specific heart rate goal, and you can get more out of it than purely running for a time or distance goal. but yes, also log your food and take a real good look at what kind of foods you are eating. getting 7-8 hours of sleep at night and adequate water intake may help as well.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Like many others have said. The ONLY thing that matters when it comes to losing weight is creating a caloric deficit. If you are not accurately tracking your food intake (using a food scale), it's hard to know how much you are eating. Here is an article that will explain. His whole site will teach you a lot.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • vickirosenthal
    Options
    x
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit = weight loss
    Exercise = Fitness

If you're not losing weight, you don't have a calorie deficit.

Your OP leads me to believe you're not tracking very well and/or regularly. Start there. Weigh your food on a food scale, log it accurately, follow your calorie goal, and you'll see a difference.
  • kcovin
    kcovin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to log my food, but I really don't think I am doing it properly. I'm not even entirely sure how to achieve a deficit... I will track the best I can for the next two weeks and then open my diary. Thank you all for the concrete (and I suppose obvious) reason why I am not losing!