Looking for a good morning workout DVD

Options
Looking for something different to do first thing in the morning (I do lots and lots of Zumba in the evenings, so wanted to incorporate more strength training during a short morning workout - 30 mins or so).

I hit up Exercise on Demand this morning and hated the first 3 workouts I went to. One jumped right in with NO warm up and the other two consisted of extremely perky faces ... just not my style first thing in the morning.

I know I sound ridiculous ... but I'm sure I'm not the only non-morning person out there! :-) What DVDs do you do in the morning that get your blood pumping?

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    30 Day shred is a great workout. My hubs the marathon runner is doing it with me and he thinks it's tough too, so I don't feel so bad!
    It takes about 20 min and the time goes by so fast!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    If I do a workout in the morning its usually pilates... Im just not a morning person. Not that pilates is easy, but I just like the stretched out feeling I get from it right away in the morning :)
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner has some good strength training DVD's. Her Power Express is 30 minutes and a full body circuit. Her DVD's are pretty cheap too, I got mine for $10 at Walmart. She has some stuff On Demand right now too.
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is a good morning workout that combines cardio and strength and abs and is under 30 minutes. Leaves me feeling energized and motivated for the day. I am not a big fan of her, however, once i got the workout down, I just turned up my music and worked out!
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I was leaning towards Jillian because ... well ... she doesn't seem like a morning person either!

I actually own 30 Day Shred, so I guess I'll break down and try it. I can stand anything for 20 minutes, right???
  • BigTedd
    Options
    I also do 30 day shred in the mornings as it's so quick and easy - it actually takes around 25 mins though not 20 and I usually do a bit of my own warm up to start as I don't really think she does enough - but for 30 mins total it's a really worthwhile workout.