Does it ever feel like its not enough?

Options
I started this weightloss at 245.5 and I'm now 233.5. So in the first couple of days it was great.. I lost 3 pounds and felt extremely motivated and proud! Well, around -8 I began feeling like it just wasnt enough and the change isn't dramatic enough. I don't know why this is happening. I've lost inches from my rib area, stomach, calves.. I'm eating very well and when I east something sweet I work off the calories later... Its truly been a lifestyle change more than a diet. My husband is on board (he does all the grocery shopping so its a big help when he doesn't bring home chips and candy and soda). Has anyone else ever felt like the hard work their putting in is more mundane than spectacular?

Replies

• JoyCarter
    Options
    Yes!!! We all have felt like this. But just hang in there Rome wasn't built in a day. And think the longer it takes to loose it...the harder it will be to gain it back =)
  • mariaezdabomb
    Options
    Very well said JoyCarter.. I myself have felt that way and I have to remind myself that im not going to lose all of it in one day.. slowly but surely it will come off :)
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yep, after two years of losing weight sometimes I just wish my body would hurry and catch up with my brain, which has already made drastic changes! But it's well worth the wait.

I think of it this way... even if what I want takes a year, I'm going to be living my life whether or not I'm eating right and exercising. I'll get through a year of eating crap and being lazy, and I'll get through a year of hard work and dedication to my health. I may as well spend my year wisely!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time and is very hard work. But I remind myself how long it took for me to put all the weight on in the first place. 15 years, give or take. 15 years of weight gain isn't going away any time soon, but it will go away, and it'll so be worth it.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'd say 12 pounds since December is fantastic!! Slow and steady is the way to go. I feel your pain (and I've *only* lost 5 pounds since Dec). Like previous posters, I feel like it took me 7 years to put all this weight on so I need to understand that it won't come off right away. You're doing great!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    12lbs is nothing to be sniffed at! I think in this modern age of get-it-when-you-want-it, weight loss seems like a failure because you don't instantly look amazing as soon as you have a salad! But let's face it, you don't WANT to lose it all super quick or you'll be left with muchos excess skin! Slow and steady is the way to go!