A shy hello

Options
A nervous hello from someone with a looooooooonnnng way to go BMI currently 58 and so this is going to be a long haul but it's a start :@)

Replies

• tonyparkes
    tonyparkes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A start nonetheless and a good one at that!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Welcome - wish you all the best!! We are all in this together. :smile:
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site !

Lots of good motivation here !

Steve
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere! Welcome and the best of luck to you!
  • CBerg19886
    Options
    I also have a long way to go but you are correct in that we have to start somewhere. Good luck :smile:
  • hamster123
    Options
    No need to be nervous. We're all in the same boat. Keep going don't give up and you will achieve your goal. Welcome to MFP you'll love it and after a while you'll wonder how you managed without it,
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on taking the first step! The decision to change your life can be much harder than people think...

You can do it!
  • leweverling
    Options
    Nothing to be nervous about the hardest part is over, STARTING! Good luck on your journey!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You will find some great inspiration here. The people are great, and the before and after pics people post are the best motivation ever!
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Don't be shy! We are all here for the same reason! I am 48 and realizing that before I turn 50 I would like to drop about 60 pounds at LEAST!

I am hoping to find support on here but I did the "Introduce Yourself" thing and in 1/2 hour have NO reply's which tells me I'm going to run into the same let down that I've had on other internet sites, which makes me frustrated.

I'm a boring mother of 4. Grandmother of 7. Been married 31 years to the same idiotic man. He makes me laugh but I tell ya some days I WONDER! :laugh:

I hope you do great and we can become "cyber friends" !
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! You've already made the first step!
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello dormouse, I have been only doing this site for about a week but have switched over to mostly veggie meals. Husband has lost over 12 pounds and me only 2 but I am walking every day and gaining muscle. You get to eat more if you exercise! Try the Eating Well website http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    (a non-shy) WELCOME!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jartexas
    Jartexas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Like in the Xmas special, just put one foot in front of the other, you will get there. by the way BMI is just a number mine is off the charts at 206 lbs 5'7" the charts say I should be 145-155 lbs, right in what world.
  • dr_dormouse
    dr_dormouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone for making me feel welcomed and supported. I am stunned and feeling less shy ...now to just make those numbers go in the right direction one step at a time :@)
  • dr_dormouse
    dr_dormouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nothing boring about being a mother and grandmother and to have the drive to do something like this........*hugs*
  • Jartexas
    Jartexas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you need pointers on work outs just ask, we all get farther when we help each other.
  • jodydb
    jodydb Posts: 6
    Options
    a massive big welcome!!!!! Im new to this and finding it really easy to get on with. Good Luck hun x
  • jodydb
    jodydb Posts: 6
    Options
    i could do with some pointers for toning up tums n bums if u have any
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great place to start your journey to a new you. The encouragement will keep you motivated and the food diary will help you understand what your body needs and what it doesn't. Good luck with your lifestyle change.