How to get more calories??

Options
So basically, I work all day, half 8 til 4 with half hour for lunch. According to my fitness pal, I need to eat more calories a day. I eat three meals a day, maybe healthy snack when I get in. How the heck am I meant to get more food in me when I work all day with no break apart from lunch??

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Add more girth to your meals or eat more meals when you get home? An evening snack perhaps?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Eat bigger breakfasts, lunches and dinners?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Drink them?
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Eat more nuts. Loaded with calories with a lot of them coming from protein and healthy fats.
  • marma_13
    marma_13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always like unsalted nuts and seeds added to a salad, or unsalted nut butters spread on bread, crackers, celery or apple slices. They work as part of a meal or as an easy snack.
  • Mozzer85
    Mozzer85 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have two kids as well, so not always easy to meal plan! Does eating after a certain time make it harder to shift or is that just a myth? I really want to tone up my body but I think body is storing fat due to lack of calories making it harder to shift. I thought I hate fine until I logged my diary on here! ;-)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods (avocados, nut butters, nuts, etc.), eat full fat dairy, ditch the "Diet" foods - you'll be racking up the calories with out eating larger quantities of food.

And eat whenever, there's no reason to stop eating at some made up magic hour...
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I second the "Nuts" idea!! Walnuts and Almonds pack a calorie punch. Also, try adding nutrient dense food to your meals like avocado! Loaded with healthy fats and calories.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    When in doubt - Peanut Butter - Power to the PB Knuckles!
  • Mozzer85
    Options
    Nuts it is then! :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Think back to what you ate that brought you here, repeat, but this time not to the extreme.

I was "husky" once, but instead of an entire bag of Goldfish, I now have 1oz.
  • Mozzer85
    Options
    I've always been slim, but it's got to the point now where I look in the mirror and think 'ugh' coz i need to tone up so wanted to see how many calories i eat a day hence why I found my fitness pal, out of curiosity.