Let's go 30 Days Booze Free! Go!

Options
Who wants to take the 30 day no alcohol challenge? From today, June 23, 2014 to July 23, 2014... Yeah, that's Fourth of July, deal with it. Let's do this and see how much we lose.

Who's with me?!

Replies

• DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My liver is screaming YES! But my heart is torn.......
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I read a book called "Give It Up!: My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less" by Mary Carlomagno, and since I tried to be diligent about something for an entire month. Good for practicing short term dedication and fighting urges. I encourage everyone to try this.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My liver is screaming YES! But my heart is torn.......
    BAHAHA me too! :drinker:
  • 160x144
    160x144 Posts: 7
    Options
    hahaha!! yes! come on!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    But - but... Patio season *points to sunshine outside* lol
  • DevSanchez
    Options
    Can we postpone this until like mid-late September? Like when it isn't beach and beer season? If so....I'm all in =)
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it...
  • Lawanda1983
    Options
    Wow!! That's deep. What the heck, I'm in!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    But - but... Patio season *points to sunshine outside* lol

Yep..
  • ayron102
    ayron102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking 5/2 - had one slip up about 3 weeks ago, and am still dry. I applaud your desire! You can do it man.

As someone said to me once: No matter who argues with you, remember this one truth: there is nothing alcohol does positively for you that you can't get by another source - most likely with a lot less side effects. :)
  • DevSanchez
    Options
    I stopped drinking 5/2 - had one slip up about 3 weeks ago, and am still dry. I applaud your desire! You can do it man.

As someone said to me once: No matter who argues with you, remember this one truth: there is nothing alcohol does positively for you that you can't get by another source - most likely with a lot less side effects. :)

way to shut me up!

what the hell, I'm in!
  • seekandfind135
    seekandfind135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 160x144
    160x144 Posts: 7
    Options
    Awesome, this is exciting. I really feel like drinking is my last obstacle. I have great days WHEN I don't drink... Let's do this... Feel free to add me!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I never drink anyways. :drinker:
  • Bu1l
    Bu1l Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    since, I don't drink alcohol, I will giv up my sodas! lol .. im down!
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    are you high? i dont even drink think i might of had 2 beers since the start of 2014 but 4th of july is in less than 2 weeks :laugh:
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hubby and have been talking about it for such a long time.......what the heck!!! I AM IN!!!!!
  • Amberellie11
    Amberellie11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like this and have been bugging the significant other to do this with me for AGES now! What the hell, I'm in! 1 day down and 29 more to go?
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Wait...something else will get me drunk with less side effects. :O Why have I never heard of this before...
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck y'all!

I'm just about at the end of my "dry June" so haven't had a drink in 24 days - damn near a record for me! So I won't join you on this one (I'm on holidays next month so planning to break the drought!) but encourage you to give it a go.

I'm super stoked with myself as deep down I wasn't sure I could do it but have managed to survive social occasions easily and am really enjoying the results on my health, weight, moods and bank account!

Cath x