What's a good bra for Zumba?

Options
My Zumba teacher said she just wears two sports bras. That sounds like it might be uncomfortable.

Replies

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tried on some Jockey Brand at the store, and the racerback hurt the area by my neck.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I use nike compression sports bras I got mine from Amazon
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I use the high impact ones from old navy
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use the Zumba bras, and only buy on sale from website or the clearance shop at Zumba Convention/conferences.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Zumba, for me at least, is low enough impact (boob-wise) that I don't need a specific sports bra (luckily, as I'm quite busty and can't really afford the sports bras that run up to my size). I have a variety of regular cotton underwire bras, slightly too small (for compression), that do well as a sports bra substitute in most situations, including Zumba.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of zumba and just wear a normal sports bra. Nothing special. As long as its tight enough I'm good.
  • kstandley123
    kstandley123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    None!!! :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This lady is selling a "Zum-Bra". I guess that's an actual thing.

http://zumbaclothing.ca/this-zum-bra-is-so-beautiful/
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    duct-tape.gif

edited because: damn pic hosting
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    In to be judge of style/fit....
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    This lady is selling a "Zum-Bra". I guess that's an actual thing.

http://zumbaclothing.ca/this-zum-bra-is-so-beautiful/

That thing is dainty!

No way anyone above a C cup is getting any support out of that.

I give it a 0/10 would not bang.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Any sports bra that's good enough for running is more than good enough for Zumba. Don't go spending a lot of money on fancy "Zumba" bras unless you're planning to wear them with nothing else. Layering them is also definitely an option if you need more support. I'm about a 34C or 36B. I have a few of the Old Navy Active sports bras for running, a few of the Champion ones they sell at Costco and Target, a couple of Nike sports bras for running and another assorted pair or other my husband has bought me. They all work well for running so should do fine for Zumba, too.
  • RealtyGoddess
    RealtyGoddess Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you are in the "plus size" I HIGHLY recommend Lane Bryant's Cacique Front Close exercise Bra

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras-view-all/sports-bras/4043c4044c775/index.cat
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this one?

kramer-bro2-twitter.jpg
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort Fiona or Maia, depending on how much support you think you need. Maia has underwire and I default to that most of the time. They're super comfortable and built to last. (I have Ds, so bras are an issue. I'd be willing to bet the Zumba teacher must have a D or higher if she's wearing two bras.)
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort Vero. I prefer their bras that have a hook closure and adjustable straps - they are very flattering and supportive and their customer service is awesome.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what size you are- I'm rather large breasted and have to wear a sized sports bra (shockabsorber) with a crop top looking sports bra over the top. But you could probably get away with one or other of those if you're smaller or less vigorous in your exercising :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ......nevermind.....\m/
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this one?

kramer-bro2-twitter.jpg

The "Mansierre" or "Bro" depending on what you prefer.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I am going to look up all the bras you said. Right now I am just wearing a regular underwire one; the sports bras I tried didn't seem to have much in the way of support. The compression ones, are they bad for you, long term?

And boys, please, isn't there a jock strap thread you can hang out in? Seriously now, I just wonder why you have so much time on your hands that you need to post in a thread that has nothing to do with you.