Hello from georgia

Options
Megkynaf
Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
Hi y'all my name is Meg and I am new to the community with the daunting task ahead of me of getting healthy. I have nearly 200lbs to loose and health and self confidence to gain. I started out in January with 230lbs to get rid of I've slowly whittled that down to 197lbs to loose as of today. I'm looking for people who share how I feel on a day to day basis. All the people in my life have never had a weight problem and honestly they just don't get it. they make comments that they think are harmless but are they really?
A little about me... I'm 33 years old, I live in Gwinnett Co Georgia, I'm a mom, a wife, an artist, and I manage a well known coffee shop. My little boy is my world and I want to be around for him, so its time I kicked my butt into gear. I love to laugh and joke. I've never taken myself too seriously, and on the outside you'll see a smiling, laughing, happy and confident woman. Although i am happy and my laughs are genuine I am far from confident, just real good at faking it till I make it. And I will be making it this time.
So if anyone shares a similar story or a completely different one I love meeting any type of person. If you wanna share your story and friendship with me hit me up I'm always game for a new friend out there, where ever you might be.

Replies

• fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a little south of Atlanta! My in-laws live in Gwinett county. I hope to lose about 75 pounds total, and right now I am at 44 pounds lost. I log on every day, and I am supportive and encouraging. I have two young sons that are my world and inspiration! You can do this! You just have to get started :)
  • Megkynaf
    Options
    you are awesome! Thank you no one has actually said "you can do it" to me in my life. glad to meet you.
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    well heres another, you CAN do it! ...and you have a beautiful face i know your gonna be a knock out when you achieve your goals
  • fatsmaher
    fatsmaher Posts: 19
    Options
    Im also in the peach state. I have 40 pounds to go!

Congratulations on you journey.
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Athens here, what's the name of the coffee shop you own?
  • Megkynaf
    Options
    Lol manage not own, I wish I owned it I run a starbucks.
  • SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello from a fellow Gwinnettian! You can do this!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! You've done a great job so far. Remember it doesn't matter how many pounds you have to lose, we all do it the exact same way, one pound at a time. I've been on my journey for 6 years and I only had 50 pounds to lose! You may end up reaching your goal before some of us do that have much less to lose. I lost 42 of the 50 and slowly gained 32 of those pounds back. Now I'm hard at working doing it all over again. But at least we're both here putting in the hard work, right?

I'm from Lilburn, and if I stop in your Starbucks, I will recognize your lovely face and give you a high five! Keep up the great work!
  • Megkynaf
    Options
    I used to run the starbucks in Kroger off five forks in Lilburn but that was years ago I'm at one in larenceville now. keep up the great work girl thanks for the encouraging words:)
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    Meg, sent you a FR. There is lots of support here
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm also a bit south of Atlanta. Down about 37 so far with at least that much to go. Every day is a step and we just take it as it comes. There are good days and bad days but it's a lifestyle change. I've tried calling it a journey but that implies that there is a destination. The only destination is being content with yourself. That does not imply that the journey then ends. But it can be done! We just have to choose the healthier road!
  • cjacobs81
    cjacobs81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, You've done an amazing job so far...just keep pushing until you get to where you want to be. Not all days will be easy but it's worth it. I live in Stone Mountain, I'm needing to lose 102 pounds. I just started my journey last month and orginially needed to lose 112 pounds but by my dedication I was able to lose 10 and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. I've found some very supportive people here...I think you will like it here.
  • smokes62
    smokes62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, Mcdonough GA here. Add me an lets do this together !! Ive got just over 60 pounds to go. My goal is to lose 100 pounds !
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Musella, Georgia... Which I usually just say Macon, because people don't know where Musella is...

I started around 242 in January, and have been working on losing weight since then... I mainly just managed calories the first 8 months or so... I'm starting to get in more walking and whatnot, now that I'm under 200 pounds and it's a bit easier to move... I know when I was bigger, it wasn't as easy to move, but I still lost weight just by watching my calories....

Always looking for new friends... Will send a friend request... Good luck in your journey!
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love all the GA love on here...I'm from Athens and I absolutely believe that you can and WILL do it. Keep your head up and take it slow ;)
  • fannybee
    fannybee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! Thank you no one has actually said "you can do it" to me in my life. glad to meet you.

Well you Can do it !!! you almost lost 50 pounds and god know's weight is easy to gain but hell to lose !!! way to go girl!!! keep up the great work!!