Decadent Chocolate Mousse... 150 kcal!!

Options

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Although there was a time when I didn't have to...now I do think about calories and diet after finding out 2 months ago that I am diabetic...hopefully in the next month or so I will be able to be off of my medication now that I have maintained my low #'s (usually between mid 80's to low 90's)!
    300 Calories from this is something that I could do without when I could have a lot more of something else just as an indulgent!
    http://dessert.food.com/recipe/orange-dreamsicle-mousse-121265?ic1=obnetwork
    We have made this 2 ways...once using mandarin oranges and another using pineapple...read over a few peoples comments and took some of their advise as a way to make ours!
    Sooo good and refreshing...even my MIL who can be somewhat picky was asking for the recipe :happy:
    BTW...you don't taste anything *diet* or sugar free in this wonderful dessert...its just really good!!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks ;) BUMP
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think I luv you!
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am an Aussie, and I think this sounds super delish, but I am not sure what to use as I don't think we have that product here. I shall look for an alternative and give it a try. Looks awesome.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a better substitute, because the first two ingredients is sugar:

Sugar, Dextrose, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut And Palm Kernel Oils), Modified Corn Starch, Propylene Glycol Monostearate (Emulsifier), Acetylated Monoglycerides (Emulsifier), Sodium Silicoaluminate (Anticaking Agent), Mono- And Diglycerides (Emulsifier), Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Artificial And Natural Flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

At the end of the day, I don't know how many of us want to live a life of zero sugar. Sugar itself is not evil... it's not stalking you or waiting in the bushes. All things in moderation. If you can use an ingredient that has sugar, but not copious amounts and it fits in your calorie ranges and macros, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

^^^this... I am diabetic and no I cant live a sugar free existence.. all it makes me want to do is over indulge which is much worse than enjoying a some sugar from time to time.. its all about portion control and making sure that whatever you indulging in is something so yummy that you feel its worth it.. and no thats not just my opinion, its what my dr has told me... with that being said... I am deff making this and will enjoy every last spoonful with a smile on my face!!!

love,
    A True Chocolate Addict

To the commenter that said 'sugar' is not evil...well, perhaps not, however the hydrogenated trans fat sure is!! I wouldn't touch this 'non food item'!

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried making 'fluff' out of egg whites. There are many sites/videos that show you how and the nutrition is sound - major protein, very few calories for a 'ton' of it. The 'add-ins' are almost endless...
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Personally I just add my chicos powder into a lie fat high protein greek yogurt. Delicious.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    yum! Going to have to see if I can find dream whip here!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    To the commenter that said 'sugar' is not evil...well, perhaps not, however the hydrogenated trans fat sure is!! I wouldn't touch this 'non food item'!

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried making 'fluff' out of egg whites. There are many sites/videos that show you how and the nutrition is sound - major protein, very few calories for a 'ton' of it. The 'add-ins' are almost endless...

hmm maybe this could be combined with that cookie (meringue?) recipe posted earlier!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try....I'll say Thank You! now
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Sounds delish...
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options

hmm maybe this could be combined with that cookie (meringue?) recipe posted earlier!

Also my recipe... very hesitant to eat raw egg whites.
  • nyiballs
    Options

Zero trans fat. Contains partially hydrogenated coconut and palm oil... that's about the worst of it.
  • nyiballs
    Options
    This is going in the ice cream machine tonight... we'll see if the mousse can turn into ice cream or a mess...

10462928_10101689914299995_3999791109366649217_n.jpg?oh=e35a7c96e69eacc0d1fe626c2ff2df92&oe=540CC17D&__gda__=1412613378_93ccf4745ebf5d6fd07d2940d211f482
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later .Thank you!
  • nyiballs
    Options
    Made into ice cream... Oh My Goodness.

Tasted like real soft serve. Was unreal.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Can you or the OP post the cookie 'meringue' recipe...can't find it! Sounds promising:))
    Oh and to the OP...you can find pasteurized egg whites in cartons, so you can eat them raw without worries...
  • SandraDee272
    SandraDee272 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This chocoholic can't wait to try this. Thank you!
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Must Go Shopping for ingredients! Thanks!