PLATEAU HELP!

Options
Hi! I am 5'2 and I am fluctuating between 112-115 and I can't seem to get to steady 112. My goal is to get down to 105 and that is perfectly normal weight for my age and height. In fact, my doctor advised me to lose some weight because my knee is weak and can't support my weight and I am a dancer and recently had an injury so I really have to get these couple of pounds off so I can continue my dance career without too much damage to my knees. I know I'm close to my ideal weight so it's obviously going to be hard to lose it, but I've tried everything and nothing has been working.

So a little about myself:
I drink detox green tea every day with cucumber, mint, lemon, raspberries, and blueberries. I also drink plenty of water so I'm pretty sure I don't have too much water weight on me.
In addition, I don't eat too much carbs. I limit myself to at most 1 serving of hard carbs (like brown rice or oatmeal or noodles) a day.
I do eat some dessert, but only very small portions, like a cookie a day at most if any. Or half an icecream bar in a day to keep myself sane. I don't eat this every day though.
I am also probably consuming about 1200-1500 calories on a daily basis, some days a little bit over but mostly not really.
I keep my portions small and try to eat every 3-4 hour.
My food is pretty clean most of the time. Like 3 out of 4 meals are clean per day.
I was a dancer and was off dance for 6 months because of an injury. I have not gained any weight since then, but lost like just a couple of pounds of muscle weight. However, I was doing blogilates at home during my break. Now I am going back to dancing and I do pole dancing so that's cardio and strength training all together. I do about 2-3 hours a day, 4 days a week (this includes 1 hour of stretching per day).
I haven't seen any changes in my body or my scale change and I am getting a bit worried. Are there any additional tips I am missing out on?

Replies

• tonyandrade99
    Options
    First off, while losing id suggest that you take EVERY sweet or unhealthy food out of your diet every little bit hurts and its useless calories. Keep your daily food intake at a 50% carbs 25%fat 25%protein keep eating clean meals but try 6 small meals a day (or everythree hours) it helps keep you full all day and your metabolism speeds up because it essentially never stops working. Also try coffee in the morning without any sweeteners just skim or fat free milk coffee boosts your metabolism and has a ton of antioxidants and is good for you as long as you dont add sweeteners
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    First off, while losing id suggest that you take EVERY sweet or unhealthy food out of your diet every little bit hurts and its useless calories. Keep your daily food intake at a 50% carbs 25%fat 25%protein keep eating clean meals but try 6 small meals a day (or everythree hours) it helps keep you full all day and your metabolism speeds up because it essentially never stops working. Also try coffee in the morning without any sweeteners just skim or fat free milk coffee boosts your metabolism and has a ton of antioxidants and is good for you as long as you dont add sweeteners

wow this response is just full of a bunch of NO NO NO NO, I can honestly say none of it's true. I ate sweets the entire time and lost weight, eating smaller meals through the day does not speed up metabolism, Macros are personal and you can't just put random numbers out there...coffee in the morning without cream or sugar is just a sin unless you like black coffee but none of it is true for weight loss.

Weight flucuates for a variety of reasons. Water, gylcogen in the muscles, Time of the month, time of day for weighing, salt...

As for how to ensure you lose the weight...buy a food scale and weigh your solids measure you liquids. Eat your some of your exercise calories back to ensure you are fueling your next workout...
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    but try 6 small meals a day (or everythree hours) it helps keep you full all day and your metabolism speeds up because it essentially never stops working.

WTF? Behave!!! ... your metabolism doesn't start and stop in a day ..
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think this is a troll post the first post and the reply are both perfect for drawing out opinionated people on this forum. It's just too pat.

That being said OP if you are not a troll you need to give yourself a slap in the face for me go on do it?

I can tell you haven't done it I said DO IT!

That's better. Now you need to stop buying into every god damn gimmick that comes your way. Stuff like green tea "might" help a little but not as much as just eating less calories and moving more. End of discussion. Also you may not be eating enough carbs your body needs those too. Despite what the keto crowd might tell you.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds grim and a great way to drive yourself insane. Glad I didn't do that 142 pounds ago and just ate normally just less of it. This is just all nonsense

Just follow steffs advice as normal she's spot on
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Trollface-small-normal2pl7-1.png
  • polerinaaa
    Options
    Hmm... I don't get why everyone is making such a fuss over this. This is no troll post. I am just an honest person looking for honest help. I posted that I eat my 1200-1500 a day depending sometimes more sometimes less. I wrote about how much I work out and stuff. atleast 10 hours a week. I wrote that I eat pretty clean. Mostly protein, but stuff that has carbs (I mean a lot of stuff has carbs itself). I eat protein and carbs after my workout, but only natural stuff. I don't take whey or anything like that. I believe in losing weight naturally with what I eat. I drink green tea with fruits infused, cause I've been doing it with lemon since forever and I added other stuff believing it has its benefits. And it DOES help clean out your body and balance everything with benefits of lemon and mint and adding raspberries and blueberries give a natural source of antioxidant. Anyways, I really was just looking for honest tips on what else I can add to my daily lifestyle... I don't really feel what I am doing is wrong. I am having my vitamins, protein, perfect balance of nutrition and I also intake dairy... yes I do. I just think a bit of everything helps... I studied nutrition before so I try to balance my food pyramid. I hope you all will understand my sincerity in this. thanks.
  • polerinaaa
    Options

wow this response is just full of a bunch of NO NO NO NO, I can honestly say none of it's true. I ate sweets the entire time and lost weight, eating smaller meals through the day does not speed up metabolism, Macros are personal and you can't just put random numbers out there...coffee in the morning without cream or sugar is just a sin unless you like black coffee but none of it is true for weight loss.

Weight flucuates for a variety of reasons. Water, gylcogen in the muscles, Time of the month, time of day for weighing, salt...

As for how to ensure you lose the weight...buy a food scale and weigh your solids measure you liquids. Eat your some of your exercise calories back to ensure you are fueling your next workout...

Thanks so much for helping. Yeah I don't use sweeteners anyway. If anything I add brown sugar or cinnamon sometimes. But I do enjoy my coffee mostly with a bit of skim milk or black is actually fine for me too with some added cinnamon.