Let's go 30 Days Booze Free! Go!

Options

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I want to do this!! I ruin ALL my progress by binge eating while drinking not to mention all the calories in the alcohol and then not feeling like working out the next day. I'll save a lot of money by not buying liquor too!! Win-win!

It's going to be tough but I am going to give it a shot!
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Wait...something else will get me drunk with less side effects. :O Why have I never heard of this before...

I also need to know what this is. :P
  • wannabehealthyagain
    Options
    I'm currently 10 years ahead of you LOL
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm in. I think the longest I've made it before is 3 days. This is going to be major challenge for me but I need to do it. I'm stuck, scale hasn't moved in forever.
  • richardlaroche
    richardlaroche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am tempted ... but alas I am not as brave as you at this time of year ... kudos to all of you who take the challenge.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Great fuggin idea! Alcohol is my downfall on weekends. I would be in except I am going to Vegas next week and I know that will not fly. I might steal your idea for later.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Can we postpone this until like mid-late September?

In 2045.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking two weeks ago and told myself I wouldn't drink again until my birthday (july 9th).. I know my liver is grateful... I LOVE beer lol but I did have a couple of drinks this past weekend because I was at a concert, but it was a vodka/water with lemon.. not to bad right?!?! hahaha Anyway I'm back on the wagon until the 9th... It's my 30th :smokin:
  • catcow888
    catcow888 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've been sober since May 26th, and feeling great. From going from clubbing twice a week to not drinking any alcohol, it's been so good for my body. A tip is definitely to chug the water if you're at a social event. I'll go to a friends house and they'll have a glass of wine, and it looks so delicious and lovely... so I keep sipping water to keep my mouth occupied.

Good luck everyone! I'm hoping to stay sober for another two months (I'm doing a 12 week challenge), so I'm in with you!
  • moose2626
    moose2626 Posts: 13
    Options
    I did it, Im on day 35 now, and actually I am finding it easier then I thought. Of course being in northern Canada, our warm weather is just starting to arrive, so maybe when the heat hits that beer might look a lot more appealing. But I will of course take the challenge up .
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm game! Although I only liquior it up about 1x per month so I am pretty sure it won't help me lose anything.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I want to do this!! I ruin ALL my progress by binge eating while drinking not to mention all the calories in the alcohol and then not feeling like working out the next day. I'll save a lot of money by not buying liquor too!! Win-win!

It's going to be tough but I am going to give it a shot!

Haha!

Thank god beer isn't booze...
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those of you who are "IN"! I applaud you!! I am not a drinker, but I live with a heavy, unhealthy drinker....Taking this challenge could be life changing for some of you! I pray that it is a long lasting life changing commitment for you all! Best of luck! I will be praying for you all! Blessings!!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all. I will be sitting on the sidelines cheering you on with my wine in hand...sorry just cannot do it....????????
  • cat_1971
    cat_1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I spend all week tracking my cals then ruin it by drinking 2 bottles of wine over the weekend, and often more.

...then I wonder why I don't lose weight.

Anyway, I will do my damnedest to do this as was already thinking of doing a dry July but might as well start now!
  • Amberellie11
    Amberellie11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!! ^^^

Totally my Achilles Heel! :ohwell:

We got this! Cheers! *raises my water bottle* :drinker:
  • Tattoogrammie
    Tattoogrammie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to do this ... but I'm going to the Finger Lakes this weekend :ohwell: I'm sure it can be done but man I like my wine ... I like it way too much :sad: Okay ... other people do this, so can I. I'll give it a go. Count me in!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    My liver is saying, Count. Me. In!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I never drink anyways. :drinker:

Same!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A day late, can I join?