5'4 Ladies Help!!!!

Options
I am 31 years old. I am 5'4 and weight 163. I need some serious pointers!!!! I am looking to lose 15 pounds! Any help or suggestions would really help me!!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

This post should be required reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ankershner
    Options
    I read somewhere a few years back when I was trying to lose weight that if you bring your heart rate up for five consecutive minutes first thing in the morning, it boosts your metabolism all day and you naturally burn more calories. It worked for me then and it's working for me now. All I do is set the kitchen timer for five minutes and jog in place until it beeps. Combine that simple exercise with making sure you drink enough water, eat your fruits and veggies and see if that gets you losing weight. If not, you may need to count your calories or step up your workout a bit. Start with the small changes and build on it so it becomes a lifestyle change rather than a regimen.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Start slow, and take things one step at a time. I like adding one new habit a week, sometimes only every two weeks if it's more complex/difficult. I personally started by just logging what I ate for a week and ignored any goal. By the next week I had that habit begun, so I started trying to stay under my maintenance calories. The third week I started trying to be more active by getting at least one hour of activity every day (walk, work out video, etc). On the fifth week I started lowering my calorie intake. It takes a few more weeks to get started really losing weight, but it was what worked well for me after starting for a week or two and then quitting several times. I am a SAHM of a toddler, so I also made a point of making myself a healthy meal and then I share some with my son--instead of making some sort of 'baby' food that is high in calories and then eating some myself.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 159-ish down from 180. I've been using MFP for 99 days I did lose a few pounds before I joined. But I am currently eating 1600 a day and still losing. No need to starve yourself just be honest, drink lots of water, and do moderate exercise. At my current weight which is close to yours I only lose 2-3 pounds a month when you don't have so much to lose don't expect it to magically melt away. Good luck :smile:
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    You can join an accountability group and find a fitness buddy to keep each other motivated! I believe that one of the main reasons people succeed is the support of a fitness community or a few people to push you and keep you going!
    I am 31 years old. I am 5'4 and weight 163. I need some serious pointers!!!! I am looking to lose 15 pounds! Any help or suggestions would really help me!!!!
  • alexisbrisby
    alexisbrisby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump :)