Army Mom Using MFP To Help Her Focus On Improving Her Own He

Options
I have been a nervous wreck as my son's deployment to Afganistan approaches. I have over endulged in food and drink, bit my finger nails off, and have been on the verge of tears at any given moment. New Year's Eve we were all together - it was great, but I was miserable, because the way I have been dealing with the stress has added 15 lbs. to an already overweight body. Then it dawned on me if I was doing all these negative things to myself and he isn't even in Afganistan yet - then what will I be like in a year?!!! So I decided that if I was asking (and praying for) him to take of himself in a war zone - that I should try to do the same for myself. So I started on Jan. 3 and I am making a pledge to myself that I too can be Army strong - and finally lose this weight, eat healthy and exercise. I will focus on this and not my fear for my son.

I would love to know if there are any other military Moms, Dads, Wives, Husbands, etc. . doing the same thing.

Replies

• HealthyHereICome
    Options
    Your son is definitely going to be undergoing A LOT of stress and hardship in his deployment. I would think knowing that his Mom is taking care of herself back home will help him to cope. As a mother, I'm sure you want to be able to help him even though you can't be there. My advice is, take care of yourself and that will help him so he doesn't have to worry so much about you too. Hugs! I can't imagine the nervousness you feel!
  • zuzu
    zuzu Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks so much. What a wonderful picture of you and your son.