This time I mean it...!

scooper14
scooper14 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I am going to get back down to 9 stone 11 lbs - this is my mantra! I've got just under a stone to go but I have been trying (admittedly not always very hard) to shift the excess weight for the past couple of years. So, I have got serious now - I've booked a week at a military-style bootcamp for women in February to give my fitness and weight loss campaign a boost (has anyone out there attended one of these and if so, do you have any advice?!); and to prepare I downloaded the myfitnesspal app onto my iPhone so every time I eat/ drink/ exercise, it all goes in here. And you really can find time to exercise every day - sometimes more; sometimes less, but there's always time!

And it seems to be working! The weight is coming off and I am not hungry! Just being aware of the calorie and fat content of every food imaginable keeps me on track. No fad diet for me! No food is a sin! I just need to stay under my calorie/fat goal every day. Everything in moderation!

Fingers crossed I see those scales register my goal weight again... Come on!!

Good luck to all of you out there!

Replies

• suz4
    suz4 Posts: 6
    good luck :) hope you dont mind I ask but what the heck is a stone?
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Good job! I know the feeling. I have been "trying" to lose the weight for years. A particular family member asks me about my weight everytime I see them. It was easier to say that yes I was trying when in reality I wasn't. But this year I am making the changes and have begun to lose the weight, but I am doing it because I want to and not because of someone else. I need to be healthy for my daughter.

All the best at boot camp! Wow! I applaud you! I would be too scared to do it.

Have fun!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Welcome and good luck on obtaining your weight loss goals. We are all here for the same reason. Add me as a friend, if you like.
  • Rhross
    Rhross Posts: 3
    Good luck to you, I myself am determined to get it right this time. With lots of prayer and determination I do believe that I can do it. I want to be healthy. I have high blood pressure, and border line diabeties. No ma'ma; not for me. I want to enjoy my grand children. So wish me luck. :)
  • good luck :) hope you dont mind I ask but what the heck is a stone?
  • good luck :) hope you dont mind I ask but what the heck is a stone?
    a stone is 14lb
This discussion has been closed.