Are you ready for 60 days of Insanity Challenge?!

Options
I'm starting Insanity today and I wanted to welcome anyone to join the 60 day challenge with me. You are welcome to join the group any time, but if you are starting Insanity during the week of Jan. 9th - 15th and ending your 60 days between March 2nd-9th then this is the #1 place for you. Let's motivate each other, track our progress, and share our success. :bigsmile:

If we get enough members, I'll make a chart weekly to show our progress and start a new thread every week as well (i.e. "60 days of Insanity - Week 2").

We'll do weekly weigh-ins (I'm weighing-in on Mondays, but whichever days is convenient for you will work) and we'll do weigh-ins and measurements three times (day 1, day 30, and day 60 --- New thread i.e. "60 days of Insanity - Day 30").

Please include the following in your first post. (You can measure whatever particular body part you want, just keep it consistent.) I encourage you to take a "before" picture on or around Day 1, a "progress" picture on Day 30, and an "after" picture on Day 60. You do not have to post any of your pictures unless you want to.

Name:
Goal Weight (60 days):
Starting Weight (if different from current weight):

Week 1 Weight and Measurements
CW:
Neck:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:
Calf:
Bicep:

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'll start us off. (Hopefully I'm not here all by myself). :wink:

Name: Vic
    Goal Weight (60 days): 142 lbs

Current Weight: 155.4 lbs
    Neck: 15 1/4 in.
    Chest: 36 in.
    Waist: 36 3/4 in.
    Hips: 40 1/2 in.
    Thigh: 23 1/4 in.
    Calf: 15 1/4 in.
    Bicep: 11 1/4 in.
  • jayem07
    jayem07 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am planning on starting tomorrow and would love to join! i have started insanity a couple times before but always end up missing a couple days and starting over. Before my winter break from college I was doing really well and had finished the third week but I don't have anywhere to work out at home so I had to stop. I'm heading back to school tomorrow and can't wait to get back into it!
  • scubatahiti
    scubatahiti Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i am almost done with week 4 :
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Wonderful Jaye! I look forward to doing the Insanity Challenge with you. :happy:
  • newmeat30
    Options
    i am almost done with week 4 :

Wow! Well you'll be good motivation to us all. :smile:
  • astirn2
    astirn2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting, i have never actually followed through with any weight lose plan or goal before. But some things have been changing in my life and i feel like i want to push myself to my fullest, to get what i want. let me know how i can start this up with u. when i get home ill have to get my measurements. and do a dreaded weigh in. btw what is insanity program?

Amanda
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Yay! I tutor tonight until 8pm so will be starting Insanity tomorrow morning! I've been looking for a new kick in the pants and this is it! Very excited. I've gotten 2 weeks into Insanity before but injured my foot and then never got back into the routine....

Name: Warrior_Underdog
    Goal Weight (60 Days): 150 pounds

CW: 163
    Chest (with the girls): 39
    Chest (below the girls): 34.5
    Waist (smallest spot): 32
    Hips: 41
    Widest point on my body, outside of hips: 44
    Thigh (biggest spot): 25.5
    Calf (biggest spot): 14.25
    Bicep (nonflexed):13
    Neck: 13
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I started a new round on Monday with my fiancee. Getting ready for our wedding. And I'm def getting ready, so I can pick a great dress that I love.
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Ok, so I just did the Fit Test and it totally kicked my butt! I am covered in sweat....sooooo out of shape. I LOVED how motivating Shaun was and how he showed exactly how to do the moves. I know that this is going to be tough, but I am super excited!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I took the fit test on Saturday and i swear my legs are still a little sore. My plan is to go home from work and immediately put my exercise clothes on then head to the basement for my first real attempt at it TODAY! Do I would love to join your thread!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Forgot to put the other stuff:

Name: Kathy
    Goal Weight (60 Days): 10 pounds

CW: 207
    Chest (with the girls):
    Chest (below the girls): 36
    Waist (smallest spot): 40
    Hips: 45
    Widest point on my body, outside of hips:
    Thigh (biggest spot): 26
    Calf (biggest spot): 17
    Bicep (nonflexed):13
    Neck: 14.5
  • jayem07
    Options
    alright here is everything for day one

Name: Jess
    Goal Weight (60 Days): 135 lbs

CW: 150
    Chest (with the girls): 36
    Chest (below the girls): 29.5
    Waist (smallest spot): 31
    Hips: 37
    Thigh (biggest spot): 24
    Calf (biggest spot): 14.25
    Bicep (nonflexed): 11.25
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Ok Kathy and Jess, I've got your info down (yours too warrior_underdog).

Best of luck to everyone this week!!!
  • newmeat30
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their first week of Insanity??

I just finished Day 1 and it seriously kicked my butt. I wasn't as fast as the group but like Shaun says "Don't trade form for speed." I went as fast as I could and as hard as I could and I was covered in sweat.

Hope all of you are enjoying your Insane workouts!!
  • kzafft
    kzafft Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm halfway through week three (I didn't check the boards when I started). It was rough going the first week. That's about as much time as I needed to get into a routine (especially with the nutrition plan). I found that I really needed to stick to the food to get through the workouts. When I didn't get enough calories or protein, my workout suffered.

After the week of seriously sore muscles and feet (I'm doing it in Vibram shoes), I started to feel the groove. The power and resistance days are the worst for me but I'm making gains and digging deeper every day! I made significant progress with my week 2 fit test and am seeing changes in my core.

Cheers to all you INSANE folks out there! Keep it up!
  • jayem07
    Options
    sooo this week started out really rough for me. Like i said earlier i was moving back down to college this week and with all of the moving and getting things in order down here I didn't have much time to exercise and missed two days :-/ blahhhh. bad way to start. So i changed up what I'm doing this week and i'm doubling up some days so I can get back on track. any support would be greatly appreciated cuz the rest of this week is gonna be rough.

hope everyone else is doing great and digging deeper!
  • newmeat30
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 (Cardio Recovery). It was nice to have the stretch break (burned 200 calories during it), but I felt like I was lacking some cardio so I went out and did Day 1 of Couch to 5K and burned an additional 260 calories. I know tomorrow's workout (Pure Cardio) is going to be a beast.

Best wishes to everyone doing Insanity!! No matter where you are in the journey I encourage you to find some motivation and support here. The more, the merrier!! :bigsmile:

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow...feel free to post your weights anytime you like.
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    So I got sick last week, followed by a weekend in Atlantic City. Haven't started Insanity again yet, but still sticking on this thread if you ladies don't mind... :) I'll be starting tomorrow morning most likely, unless I can get the apartment to myself for an hour tonight.

I'm on a no-refined carbs kick for the week to help push me to eat more salads and make more soups, and hopefully that'll drop a pound or two for the week even before Insanity hehe.
  • newmeat30
    Options
    So I got sick last week, followed by a weekend in Atlantic City. Haven't started Insanity again yet, but still sticking on this thread if you ladies don't mind... :) I'll be starting tomorrow morning most likely, unless I can get the apartment to myself for an hour tonight.

I'm on a no-refined carbs kick for the week to help push me to eat more salads and make more soups, and hopefully that'll drop a pound or two for the week even before Insanity hehe.

I'm glad you are feeling better!! Best wishes starting Insanity again!
    Today is my day off and I am going to enjoy my day away from doing it. I like the workouts but boy are they INSANE!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this thread is still active, but I ran across it and wanted to respond. I started Insanity on January 9 (Sunday) and am on Day 18 tomorrow. Haven't missed a workout yet (except today I was supposed to do Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio but am moving the Abs portion to bundle with Recovery tomorrow, I also did a Jillian Michaels DVD today).

I LOVE IT. It is hard but I am seeing serious results. I have lost almost 11 pounds and I am not in any way starving myself. I avg around 1500 calories a day but have been eating very nutritionally. Did some nice cheating on the weekend too! I didn't even take a before picture or measurements so I can't participate in that, but I thought since I started when you did I would respond. My husband and I are going to Hawaii on Feb. 20 so I have SERIOUS motivation at the moment. I figure I will take a break that week, but then finish up from Feb. 28 - March 17. Ironically I leave that day for a long weekend in Vegas. (btw, this is NOT normal for us to be going on vacations like this at this time of year, both are almost totally paid for by my husband's work!). I am so looking forward to not having the late spring "oh my god it's almost bathing suit season" mindset this year (or any year after!).

I am 5'9"
    SW: 162
    CW: 150.6
    GW: 140 (okay, I'd really like 138 but I'm trying not to be greedy or unrealistic, I'm tall!)

To give an example of how this is changing my body, I can put on my most "challenging" jeans. At 154 I was able to put my most "challenging" jeans on. I usually can't fit into them unless I'm about 145.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying it. I was so scared to try it and I am totally a fan for life now! I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing!

Jennifer