2»

Replies

• wojacks
    Options
    Try an AA Meeting ;)
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The "orange" diet was suggested to me years ago and it has worked for me several times

Orange Soda (not diet)
    Snickers Bar
    Cheetos
    Ibuprofen

It isn't healthy at all, but something about the grease/sugar/fat/med combo seems to work.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, force it down, take an advil or ibuprofen and nap it off. When you wake up you should be okay enough to eat something.. I'd go for some toast or something else with carbs.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Try an AA Meeting ;)
    :laugh:
  • MartinMtz702
    Options
    My cure..

egg&bacon sandwich w/ OJ + 1 Tylenol + 1 Unisom.

90% change u will throw up ur food as soon as u wake up from your Unisom induced sleep, but once ur out of the shower after throwing up you will feel 80% better.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Didn't see fiber mention! Along with tomato juice.:wink: Plus is Atlanta going to have a baby boom in September???:smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Advil - not tylenol cuz it's supposed to be mixed with booze
    Orange Juice - Body needs sugar
    Water - Rehydrate
    Antacid

REST!!

Next time - have a full stomach and stick to clear booze instead of darker ones.
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sipping a little FLAT Coke (not diet, and it must be flat) will help settle your stomach. Or, if you feel up to going to the store, you can just by Coke syrup. It's what doctors give to little ones to calm nausea.

Once you can hold down a little, then you need water, and lots of it, but slowly. You could also try Gatorade. Treat your stomach like you have a virus and use a BRAT diet - banana, rice, apple, toast.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ice chips are good too. That way you are putting water in but not large amounts. and also when you are out drinking it is good to drink a small glass of water with each drink. I know it doesn't sound as fun but it will keep you from getting dehydrated and will also keep you from having a hangover or as bad of one. I always have them bring me a water with my drink.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    :sick: YIKES! Ouch! Sorry, no suggestions but I hope you start feeling better!

The last time I overdid it was at my birthday party 5 years ago and it took 3 days to get normal again...not a lesson I forgot, for sure! :flowerforyou:
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    This sounds like me after NYE. It was AWFUL! Couldn't even hold down water. I say sleep and ginger ale. Maybe try saltines if you are able to keep down the ginger ale. Time is the best cure for a hangover!
  • missxena
    Options
    i know that feeling , i usually take a bottle of water to bed to drink through night this helps alot, but if i forget or had one to many to remember lots of diet lemonade works for me, feel better soon
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Order a greasy, fresh, piping hot pizza (at 3 am while still drunk is preferable)...extra cheese. Then have a rum and coke with ibuprofen and get some sleep. :laugh:
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just awoke from a sleeping pill induced hibernation and feel 100% better. Seriously, this is a MAJOR sign that I am getting OLD!

I liked all your suggestions. I particuarly enjoyed the suggestion that an AA meeting may be helpful, as well as the "orange diet" suggestion.

You guys are awesome! :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Time and V8 juice.Pizza(just because we like it):laugh: