Should I be worried?

Options
Hey!

Today I weighed myself to find that I have lost a total of 10KGs in just over a month. I am not doing anything drastic, rather, the way I was eating before I started using MFP was terrible which explains why I was losing so much weight when I first started a month ago. So don't let the 10KGs a month put you off since my weight loss has now slowed down to a mere .5 / week.

Now, my issue is this: I've lost 10KGs which, to me, is quite a milestone. However, no one seems to notice and so it makes me feel stupid to even admit to losing as much as I have. I don't blame the people who don't notice, however, because I don't think it's that evident even though I try to stay away from my own judgement since it would be biased. I expected much more change after 10KGs.

Do you think I should be worried about the 10KGs not showing that much? I now weigh 88.2 KGs and am 170 cm tall.

Replies

• yychen01
    yychen01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It usually takes a few months for people around you to notice any weight change...especially if they see you everyday. If you meet up with some people who haven't seen you since -10kg, they'll be able to notice a difference if they pay attention to that kind of thing. Otherwise, they'll just think you changed something but won't be able to pinpoint it. :)
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I bet people who haven't seen you since the change will more likely notice too.

Try not to worry about others and the silence....weight is a difficult subject to broach.

Congrats on the 10kgs.
  • SkinnyLucy165
    Options
    10 kgs is a huge win!!!! And you should never focus on what you think other people think. This is something that hinders us in so many ways in our lives. Throw that out the door. Focus on what YOU think! Are you happy with your new body? Do you see the physical changes? Do you feel more energetic? Do you feel healthier? Then all that is a win! As or other people, first off, weight is a difficult topic and most people don't feel comfortable saying something even if they're thinking it because depending on the individual, you could take it in a positive or a negative way (which they don't know which way you'll respond). Example: A friend says to you, "wow, you've lost a lot of weight." You know that you would probably answer, "thanks, yes I have...." but they are afraid you might say something like, "no I haven't, are you saying I looked fat before?" Or something like that! Also, I think that usually weight is more freely discussed with women than men as there's a misconception that men don't care like women do. Hope that helps! :) YOU ROCK!!!! NEVER FORGET THAT! 10 KGS IS A HUGE WIN!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Buy some new clothes that show off your new shape and be happy rocking your sexy self!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Not to worry. People started to notice at around 30 lbs or so for me. Also, maybe you lost internal fat, which doesn't show as much but makes you much healthier.
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys! This means a lot to me. :)