nay
  • chilledbeast
    chilledbeast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    depends
  • emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nay, just diet and exercise is all you need.
  • AllieGeorge23
    Options
    depends

Depends on what?
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Unless you count caffeine pills, Nay
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I ask because I don't REALLY think they work long term but everyone seems to be using them... feel like high school- all the other kids are doing it?!?!?!
    Funny- but not..
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I ask because I don't REALLY think they work long term but everyone seems to be using them... feel like high school- all the other kids are doing it?!?!?!
    Funny- but not..
    everyones using them because everyone wants a quick fix. big money in that industry made off gullible people
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    They may work short term, but they probably won't work long term. I feel like that's the way a lot of diet pills and stuff like that work. If you want short term results, they can help, but not in the long term.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No way!!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Nay.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No. And be careful with it. About 5 years ago I took some fat blaster 'fat burning' tablets from the supermarket. Immediately after my first one, I had to puke as soon as I got home. I thought it was a fluke, I was silly and drank it with a milk drink. But lo and behold...they kept on making me puke! maybe that's how they make you lose weight :laugh:

The reason I would say be very careful is, while puking is not a big deal, it did not stop even after I stopped taking them. More than that, in my day to day life it then took almost nothing for me to start gagging and have a puke reflex. I couldn't even drink a drink or blow up an air bed mattress without feeling it. It was quite embarrassing and scary because I wasn't sure if I would throw up! I ended up at the GP having to take something for stomach ulcers and quite some time after that it went away.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That industry is a gimmick. Stick to some natural supplements to increase energy and metabolism. I don't take any of those anymore either, its just easier to stick to my calorie limit and do a little exercise. There's no easy quick-fix.
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I myself, back in the day took diet stuff. Was long ago. I still think it mad me fatter in the long run because I didn't know how to deal with food and working out. I have since learned we don't get short cuts.

I was 250lbs in 2006 and in 2007 had had enough. Food and working out has gotten me to 175 ish and size 10. I will never be a we tiny and I am ok with being the best fit I can be.

I dig the chiming in of like minded people- anyone that posted feel free to send friend request.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There aren't any such things as fat burning pills. The name is misleading as well as the effectiveness of the product. Those pills suppresse your appetite and give a temporary boost of energy which means nothing if a person still overeats, not exercise, or remain dehydrated. Fat is burned by eating at a calorie deficiency which means your body is burning more fuel than it is consuming (calories in versus calories out). Accountability doesn't come in a pill.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'd say nay... been there done that... don't remember the names of the pills I took back then.... nothing beats a good diet and hard work!
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    Nay. There is some tea that can be bought in the local market here and everyone drinks it and it just makes you have diarrhea and dehydrates you.
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nay........ save your money and spend some time with a pt.

they will work your body harder than any pills
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    F No.

I mean, F Nay.
  • CptCappie
    CptCappie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. It depends on the type you are looking at taking but just remember you can't out train a bad diet. Eating crap and not working out, no pill can fix that.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Foxnews had an article on, not taking fat burners.

The Biggest thing that I saw, and for me its important is that there is no big brother. the company can saw what ever they want with out backing it up.

CNN & Foxnews both had an article on Dr. OZ and he help mislead the public, with the products that he supports.