69lb Down (Technically 84lb), Still More to Go

AyaRowan
AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
I'll spare the long biography, I'm sure nobody wants to read that. All I'll say is that I've been overweight my entire life. I reached 270lb before my high school graduation. In the fall of my last year of university, I had reached 318lb. After getting sick (intracranial hypertension, emergency shunt implant procedure in my spine to stop high pressure in the brain, etc), I lost a bit of weight but it was only down to 290lb. I stayed there for a couple years then my weight started creeping up slowlyyyyy.

(By the way, I'm 5'7" tall)

I had reached 303lb again by January of 2013 when my "switch" flipped, that little on switch that marks when you seriously decide it's time to make serious changes. With my best friend's wedding coming up in October 2013, it gave me a reason/excuse to force myself to eat better, get more active, etc. The biggest difference was finally admitting there was no way around counting calories. It seemed so troublesome for years! Love this site for how easy it makes keeping track of things. Anyway, on to the pictures!

Honestly, I don't have many pictures from my highest weights especially not full body pictures. Probably some my mother took hiding around here somewhere, but she and I both hated taking pictures. Here's a couple my cousin took back in 2011. I was probably about 295lb.

50d15157-30a0-409b-8ab8-64ce12e4fe29_zps59044d77.jpg267257_911088190066_1892118_n_zpsf8864113.jpg

When my best friend's wedding rolled around, I was about 265lb.
1376325_653863224634872_472011439_n_zps24991e0f.jpg

I stalled out after the wedding, found it difficult to get back on track after the trip to Destin for her bachelorette trip. But eventually I got back on track January 2014 and lost more. Now I'm at 234lb, the lowest I've ever been since I was probably like 13 years old (27 now). I've still got tons more to lose, but at least I'm making progress! Making progress is in and of itself a success story. 84lb down from highest weight (when you count what I had already lost), 69lb down since January 2013.

My friend took these a few days ago (234lb):
c4b5de4b-a9e1-4fdf-a6bb-555b3875c0e7_zps9df88727.jpg80570eba-4c54-4259-9ba1-783818597ef6_zps1b6e4f6f.jpg

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Wow - the difference is really noticeable. Great work.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Great progress!!!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Wow! Congrats on your success so far -- and I hope your health has improved! Keep up the terrific work!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    You look so gorgeous!!! Wtg!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Great job!
  • In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you for sharing. You look great and should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    You look wonderful keep up the great work!!:smile:
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    well done. more power to your effort.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Congratulations you look great!! Good luck with the rest of your goals, you can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    you look great! carry on your good work x
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Awesome! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Fantastic work so far! You look fab! Best of luck as you continue on the road to better health! :drinker:
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Wow, what a difference! Your face especially has changed so much!
  • ayscrivener
    ayscrivener Posts: 27 Member
    You look sensational! Keep it up, you are doing amazing. What a difference! :)
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Beautiful! Congrats on your amazing loss!!!
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    What an amazing change! Keep up the good work and Ta for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • hamoore7745
    hamoore7745 Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations! you are a great example of being dedicated and goal oriented. Keep up the great work and thanks for being an inspiration- you look great!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member

, it gave me a reason/excuse to force myself to eat better, get more active, etc. The biggest difference was finally admitting there was no way around counting calories. It seemed so troublesome for years!

I Love your story :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: - and i love the IN PROGRESS Pictures- :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: You are definately doing GREAT!! staying focused on it is the hardest part of losing weight no wonder people say they become"obsessed"
    keep going !! you look wonderfull in all the pictures, but i sense more joy in the last ones=== looking forward to seeing the nest set in a few more months:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!