Exercised lots ... but not hungry enough to eat the extra ca

Options
Yesterday I managed to do lots of exercise and so had about 400 extra calories at the end of the day. But I wasn't overly hungry. I know you should eat all your calories so that you don't go into starvation mode. But I don't know what to do. I sat up and ate two pieces of toast and a milo and that was enough to get my calories back on track. But I felt so guilty eating so much extra food at the end of the day, for supper.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm of the if you're not hungry, don't eat them group, but I know many people aren't.

I never eat my exercise calories (any of them) because that works for me. Everyone is different. If I'm hungry, I will eat them, but if I'm not hungry I definitely wouldn't force feed myself them.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    from what I understand you dont have to eat them all back all the time...just make sure u stay on track w/ the calories u r supposed to eat daily. I usually dont get all mine eatin by the time i enter my exercise and im steadly losing weight.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Then drink them...make a smoothie with protein powder, or drink some fruit juice...or milk
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat the extra food to make your calorie goal, you should choose good food. like vegies, fruit, protein, legumes, nuts etc. Try eat more good snacks throughout the day, rather than waiting till night time to make up the calories =)
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this, I have been wondering the same thing. I just started last week and I have yet to have a day where I hit my calories for the day....I am no where near hungry. Not sure if I should still just eat more or listen to my body!
  • welshie007
    Options
    I always have a protein shake after exercise......it's what your muscles need
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I've had a few days like that also, Today might be another one.
    Had a morning workout so that's +207 Cals
    Then walked to lunch, that's +331 Cals

And wife is making a nice Shrimp Salad for Dinner, so that isn't going to be my "High" cal meal.
    Had a footlong Subway sandwitch, and I'm stuffed right now, still need to drink my watter.

If I'm under by a few hundred I don't worry about it, but I noticed it doesn't like it when your way under.