3 weeks and lost nothing :(

Options
i been on a reduced calorie diet for 3weeks now ive cut down from 2500 to 1100 and ive taken up zumba and swimming once a week. i lost a pound in the 1st week then the 2nd i put it back on week 3 nothing what am i doing wrong its getting to me x

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately weighing all of your food and logging it? If you aren't losing, then you are not at a deficit.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    1100 calories is ridiculously low tbh. Eat more and keep up with the exercise and results will come.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything, remember MFP overcalculates calorie burn for exercise, and if it was me personally I'd be eating more than 1100! IMO Minimum of 1200 and at least half of your exercise calories back :)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Weigh all of your food.
    1100 is super low. You should not net under 1200 cals a day. (Food-exercise=net calories)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    To lose 34 lbs., set your goal no higher than 1 lb. per week. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Get a digital kitchen scale, and weigh everything you eat—even packaged food.

No one can give you specific feedback until you make your diary public.

This post should be required reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tbh ive never had to diet was a size 8 but since having 2 kids im now bigger.. thought less food i eat less id gain. whats your top tips? x
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat, open your diary & read the Sexypants post.
  • frostyswife
    Options
    how do i open my diary?
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    tbh ive never had to diet was a size 8 but since having 2 kids im now bigger.. thought less food i eat less id gain. whats your top tips? x

Top tips... read the replies you have received thus far....

And check out this link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

The link posted above your post is an excellent guide for you. I once thought - omg I will just eat much less... fail. Keep an open mind and get educated - that is the key.

I eat 1700 per day regardless of exercise.. it is easy for me to keep it that way than try to figure out how many calories I burned doing god knows what. I adjust as I need which you will learn how to do and read your body :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat, open your diary & read the Sexypants post.

This. This is really all you need.
  • frostyswife
    Options
    thanks think i opened diary will have a read. mfp worked i should be having 1200 a day is that bout right? x
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Probably not.... please read the link posted...
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    thanks think i opened diary will have a read. mfp worked i should be having 1200 a day is that bout right? x
    Yes, if you're 5'2". The closer you get to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works.

At your size, you can lose 1 lb. per week. Once you have 20–25 lbs. to go, it will slow to .5 lb. per week. Be patient! A smaller deficit will help you transfer to maintenance.

Real life is nothing like "The Biggest Loser." But if you lose slowly & learn portion control, you're much more likely to keep the weight off.
  • frostyswife
    Options
    Yes, if you're 5'2". The closer you get to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works.

At your size, you can lose 1 lb. per week. Once you have 20–25 lbs. to go, it will slow to .5 lb. per week. Be patient! A smaller deficit will help you transfer to maintenance.

Real life is nothing like "The Biggest Loser." But if you lose slowly & learn portion control, you're much more likely to keep the weight off.
    im 5'7 and ive not started to lose yet lol i no after i do it will slow down just moving of the line i cant do lol x
  • clambert1273
    Options
    I am 5'7 (almost 5'8) and 176lbs... I guarantee 1200 is not where you need to be..
  • frostyswife
    Options
    ah bum.. i dont have a clue lol didnt think it would be so confusing lol
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I see you've had a baby recently, are you nursing? If you are, you really should be eating more. It takes a solid year for a body to recover from child birth, a lot has happened to your body this past year and still is. Eat HEALTHY for you and your baby. Don't over do it, exercise whenever possible, no need to over do that either. There are a lot of exercises out there to do with the baby. If you do the right thing and your body will reclaim itself. :happy:
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    ah bum.. i dont have a clue lol didnt think it would be so confusing lol

Ok, so some people may have their differences of opinion and that's fine but I am of the mindset that it's as much about the quality of your food as it is about the quanity - IE 1,200 calories a day worth of McDonalds =/= 1,200 calories of proper nutrition and balanced meals.

This being said, there's nothing wrong with the mind set of IIFIYM: if it fits into your macros. But I would suggest, from my personal experience, to figure out what works for your body.

Taking a quick look at your diary and there was a day, for example, you had a kit kat for lunch. Did you crash after you ate it? I eat so much more than that for lunch and I don't crash. Your body does need adequate nutrition!

Also, it's not just about calories either - take a look at carb content, sugar, sodium and fat. Calories are not the end all be all. If your diet is carb heavy, your body will use the carbs to burn energy before it uses the fat stores you already have. With this in mind, you may not be seeing any drop because your body is just burning what you're eating, not your reserves.

Hope this helps! Feel free to add me if you want . . . I am not close to my goal, but I came from almost 70% BF so I have a thing or two under my belt :)
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3", 181 lbs and eat approx 1600 cals per day and i am losing. and actually i just lowered cals to this number and will check over 3 weeks how much i lose. if i lose more than 1-1.5 lb per week average then i will raise cals a bit. i'm not looking for a quick loss.

pick a calorie amount, say 1700, stick to that for 2-3 weeks and see how that goes. adjust from there :o)

ETA: my diary is open if you want to check it out