Need others to keep me coming back!

Options
Every year I weigh in at the start of January (which is never good) and usually lose 20lbs by April. I can usually keep that off most of the year (but never manage to lose the next 20lbs) then put it back on in December. This year I have not managed to lose the weight and have tried the fast diet but I struggled to starve myself twice a week. I get scared every Friday morning when I have to weigh in. I have started using this site properly from today and need people to keep me motivated in using the site.

Replies

• Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome buffnell! What plan are you thinking of using? Simple calorie cutting? Lower carb? You'll find support and help with any plan you're trying. I do find that accountability and logging my food every day does help. It's a pain in the *kitten*, but it does help.

Hollar for anything you need from anyone here! Most are very nice. :flowerforyou:
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Neil,
    The trick is always sticking to it, not how fast you lose, right? You'll find a method that works for you, and friends to support you through. Count me in if you'd like!
    Carolyn
  • buffneil
    buffneil Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi and thanks for taking the time to show support. I am going to simply calorie cut and increase cardiovascular exercise for a few weeks to see how I get on. I am going to try and use MFP exactly as it says and bring in calories with what I need to in order to lose 2lb a week.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am going to simply calorie cut and increase cardiovascular exercise for a few weeks to see how I get on.

This is pretty much what it takes. You don't have to fast or cut out too many food options. Just keep the calories count within limit and increase your cardio.

Feel free to add me.
  • Megkynaf
    Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    welcome back darlin!! do you have the phone app? if so turn you notifications on. its a great reminder and motivation for me. good luck!!!!!!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    as your post title suggests...the people on here can be a great motivator.. looks like your on the right track...good luck to you.
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invite.
    My diary is public and I log daily.
    I am brutally honest and log everything.
    Welcome back.
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi buffneil, just make sure you eat at a slight deficit without making any severe changes. Anything you do short term that is not sustainable long term will become difficult to keep up and then this in turn can lead to one becoming demotivated.
    This is both in trying to be too "strict" in your eating plan, as well as initially going for unrealistic training sessions.
    Your choices should be easy to keep to on a permanent basis without becoming unpleasant so as to keep you fired up with your healthier lifestyle approach!
    I do not chat too much on the forums, but you are welcome to add me as a friend for support..
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi :o)

I started tracking on MFP a couple of months ago, before I was doing weight watchers. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and eat at a calorie deficit. What do you know, it works!!! Nice!

I actively track my food and activity, so if you need someone who's consistent, feel free to add me.