Newbie to MFP just hit onederland

Options
TNStuart
TNStuart Posts: 10 Member
Hey! I'm Stuart, from Tennessee (who would have guessed? lol)

I am new to MFP but have been working on dropping weight for a bit over a year now mostly by eating clean. I was 199.0 on my last weigh in down from a high of 281 so I finally made it to onederland! I am 26 and I honestly can't remember the last time I was below 200 (Probably middle school or early high school). As for why I joined MFP? I want to be prepared to maintain my weight and continue a healthy lifestyle whenever I decide to switch to maintenance.

I keep changing my goals, I've hit my latest goal of being under 200 but now I want to be in the healthy range of my BMI for the first time which would be 185 (though 180 would put me over 100 pounds lost). My overall goal isn't as much a number as it is how I feel. If I started out with a goal of dropping 80 or 100 pounds I probably would have given up or never started in the first place. For now, I keep setting new mini goals and trying my best to meet them.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello,

-Stuart-

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Stuart. Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:

ETA: Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the huge milestone!!!! I'm 9 pounds away and I'm elated!!!

Small goals are important, I couldn't agree more!

Welcome :o)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome ^_^ hope you reach your goals x
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, mini goals are best way to go

Next stop, just be overweight and not obese perhaps?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Stuart, I am genuinely EXCITED for you. Congratulations. I cant wait to get there too...
  • TNStuart
    TNStuart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Next stop is to get out of the overweight category on my doctors charts which is 185 but when I get there I know I'll push for 180 so I'll have lost triple digits. After that, who knows?

Thanks again for the welcome!
    Stuart
  • belle_rn
    belle_rn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome weight loss! I hope to be in the same boat one day....but I need motivation/support/kick in the *kitten* from mfp friends since I am the only one of everyone around me that is going through a weight loss journey. *I am always the one hiding behind everyone in a picture to hide how fat I am* But I am changing that but encouragement is definitely needed!!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Stuart,

Welcome, and well done.

My start (279), current (189) and end (175) points are not far from yours, and I remember well the excitement of breaking into Onederland. Good luck with your continued efforts!