Compliments

Options
SwashBlogger
SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
What is the best one you ever received, and why?

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    When my brother told me he wouldn't mind if our mom died and I was to take care of him, because he loves me so much and knows I would take just as good care of him <3
  • excusekiller
    excusekiller Posts: 457
    Options
    It was when I was working and a little 1st grade girl came up and hugged me and told me that she wished she could take me home so I could be her daddy. :heart:
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    The absolute best two I ever recieved... Yes, I was lucky enough to get two in my life...

The first came when I was a "class mom" for my son's 3rd grade class... We were in the middle of the class Halloween party... I was helping one of the little girls in his class glue some eyes on her spider hat they were making... Of course I was joking with her and just having fun because thats what you do at parties... After we got her spider eyes all glued on she turned and hugged me and said "I wish you were my dad, you are so much fun" (insert tears)...

The second came while I was at work... It was this past Christmas Eve... It was about 1030 at night and the end of the night was near... I came across a car in a parking lot, sitting there running with its lights on... I stopped to see what was happening... It was an elderly lady... She had hit a curb and blew out a tire on her way to church... She was upset and beside herself as to what to do... It started to snow lightly now... Normally we would call a tow and within 20 minutes someone would be there to help... I decided to just do it myself and set about changing her tire... She told me to just call the tow, but I told her it was no big deal... As I changed her tire she was telling me to call the tow truck, that I wasnt wearing a jacket, I had no gloves... She would be fine waiting... Of course I continued to tell her its not that big of a deal... Within the half hour she was hugging me and driving off... The biggest compliment came a few days later... This lady did something many people dont do anymore... She wrote a letter to the chief... She told him what I had done and how grateful she was that I stopped to help... The last line of her letter?..."I know I misspelled the officer's name, but thats ok, I know God knows exactly who he is"....

Life is good...
  • SwashBlogger
    Options
    these are amazing! I can't help but notice that nothing so far has to do with looks..... More please :love:
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    It was when I was working and a little 1st grade girl came up and hugged me and told me that she wished she could take me home so I could be her daddy. :heart:

what kind of work do you do?
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

what kind of work do you do?
    Totally unrelated I just wanted to say how much awesome you have packed into one profile pic. Brava!
  • SwashBlogger
    Options
    more?
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    these are amazing! I can't help but notice that nothing so far has to do with looks..... More please :love:

Compliments on looks can come from anyone, but compliments on the soul and personality come from people who know you well, and that's why they mean more.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When a girl asked me for my number when she turned me down 2 years ago

she did not recognize me ..
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    I had two guys that I haven't seen in maybe 3 months tell me that I looked great today! I've been trying really hard this week so that made me feel amazing.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've received lovely compliments about the speech therapy services I provide within a hospital setting. It's quite heartwarming to know that I've made a difference in families lives.

The best one was a handwritten letter thanking me for always checking up on a patient who was palliative. The wife was quite distressed when her husband passed away and not only took a complaint to higher up regarding other services, she complimented me on my sensitive approach and consistent services to her husband's situation. I've never forgotten that, and I keep that letter to remind me that I am a good clinician.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    One is about looks...my son asked me to stop losing weight because his friends think I am hot...(I about died laughing, btw)

The other is about the work I do in my community to fight hunger...I get my staff and children (extended family, random strangers, vendors, people i do business with) as involved as i can...As a parent and chef, people going hungry really ticks me off. I was told my passion and enthusiasm for my cause is inspiring and infectious. I'll take that...!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Best: my son telling me he got through difficult times because of me.

Best superficial: When we were out one night, one of my friends said there was nothing normal about my body. I took that as a jaw dropping compliment.
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    From my youngest (who is 12 and she said this very recently), that when she grew up she wanted to be a lovely mammy like me. Melted my heart it did!
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    At a party, a friend once told me that I had a presence, and that everyone noticed when I walked in to a room.

I pretty much felt like crying after he told me that!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My daughter did her College Psyche Paper on me last semester. It was on the Alpha Male.

Editted to say, she got an A.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Your grin makes me smile!
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    My husband telling me I get more beautiful as I get older (I'm in my thirties) :D
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In my 30's I had the super-short soccer mom hair cut. Was in Florida for business and went to a strip club with the guys in the office. I had a stripper lean over to me and tell me she thought my hair cut was really cute and looked great on me.

Just made me feel good bc strippers always have such long hair. You really never see a stripper with a short hair cut.

Silly, but made me feel good.
  • CoveOps
    CoveOps Posts: 100
    Options
    "are you a fake, cause youre too hot to be on here"

and

"are you catfish, cause that body is unreal"