My Journey with MFP

Options
Hello All,

After thinking about it (on again and off again on several occasions), I consciously made a decision to join the MFP community today.

I was introduced to MFP almost 2 years and was very successful with weight loss at one point (22lbs in 3 months!!!) however I will admit, it was a very hectic lifestyle and I was almost always on my toes with very little time to eat healthy.

Until recently, I was always keeping a track of my BMI - below 29 and always "overweight" but in a last few months things have taken their toll and with stress eating i ended up in the obese area (current BMI - 31) and added almost 22lb to my regular weight of 170lbs.

So now hoping for a fresh start, I am determined to reach my ideal weight of 132lbs (not at all once.. of course) and start living a healthy lifestyle.

So far, it has been a week and I have been dedicated to the MFP food diary and been on track with a couch to 5K program. I am taking baby steps and I know that it will be gradual progress, there will be times I will be tempted, I will think of giving up, most definetly reach a plateau and have no clue what to do next.

But I hope that in a few months I will be able to share my journey and thoughts with the community and keep myself motivated to reach the goals as I see so many of you have achieved here.

Wish me luck!
MP123

Replies

• kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was sort of in the same boat!! I started myfitnesspal and dropped 30 pounds! Then I gained about 20 back.

If you want anyone to support or encourage you, feel free to add me!! I'm on the market for new myfitnesspal friends! :smile:
  • Monnix39
    Monnix39 Posts: 127
    Options
    I had been blaming it on a long Winter but the reality is, I ate my way to "obese." I have never tried MFP before, but I have heard a couple of people recommend it. I also see many success stories and support that seems motivating! Let's do this!:smile:
  • AiraRuwenzor
    AiraRuwenzor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was sort of in the same boat!! I started myfitnesspal and dropped 30 pounds! Then I gained about 20 back.

If you want anyone to support or encourage you, feel free to add me!! I'm on the market for new myfitnesspal friends! :smile:

Thanks for the post, will add soon... just in the middle of updating my profile/trackers etc.... it is pretty much non existent :D
  • AiraRuwenzor
    AiraRuwenzor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to update your journey with me as well :) MFP does help on its own, but knowing that there are many others who are in the same place as you and also doing, helps a LOT more.

I have had friends and family join me during my runs occasionally and it makes the whole thing a lot easier!