How to come back from a week binge

Options
Started a week binge last week. Bought some tacos, some KFC, etc.Only went over my calorie limit once since I only drink water but all week I've felt like garbage and my mind is messed up.

Do I just toss it out and move on? How did you guys do it?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I just did this.

I skipped weighing myself for the week and just got back on track. Ignore that week, and just start again. Don't worry about making it up.
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just don't weight yourself for a week. Any weight gain you see will likely be water weight anyway. A week can be demoralizing, but nobody gets fat overeating for a week. It's a lifetime thing.

Don't worry about making it up. Wipe the slate clean and start over.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You can't change the past. Re-group and move on.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Last week I was off from the gym, didn't work out at all, went to a 3 day music festival where I drank a TON of beer, and ate everything. I was averaging about 4000 calories a day at least. I didn't log anything...

It's a new week. You just start over. If you can't stop cold turkey then just start by eating less of the high calorie foods, encourage yourself to drink a lot of water - have a glass when you feel hungry before you eat anything. Wait 10 minutes, if you are still hungry eat something. Try to have a salad or vegetables with every meal - eat that first ;)

It's hard sometimes, but all you can do is just get back on the wagon and try again. It's not going to be the last time you fall off - I do it every few months (usually by choice but sometimes not) Start developing your plan to deal with it now so that you get really good at it. One day/One week isn't going to prevent you from EVER reaching your goal ;) You can do it!
  • Cookieman123
    Cookieman123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, that's why I love this place. Usually if this happened before I would feel so lonely, glad I'm not the only one this has happened too. Definitely starting clean again tomorrow.
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's all mental. Just renew your commitment to healthy eating/ calorie counting and move forward. For me it helps to remember that it takes 3500 calories OVER maintenance to gain just one pound. A bad day, or even a bad week isn't going to undo all the progress I've made.