you can do it!!

Options
I am 27 and last summer,336 days to be exact I started this weight loss journey I have lost 70.4 lbs and I feel amazing. I started at 247.2 and I felt discusting.I am now 176.8 and I still want to get down to 159 because that would put my bmi into a healthy weight.I might want to drop more when I get there but my main focus is to be a healthy weight. I just wanted to tell all those people out there that they can do this!! I was one of those people that always made excuses, I don't have the time or money for the gym... But you know what I lost ever little pound WITHOUT a gym... I haven't stepped foot into one since I started. This was all from home and that makes me the proudest because for once I didn't let my excuses win. I can figure out how to post pictures but my profile pic shows my progress, im only a few pounds down since that pic was taken

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work! Very inspiring and you look great :)

I hate the gym as well, can you share a little bit of what kind of exercises that you did at home?
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing. I lost 60lbs by doing at home work outs (Insanity, T25, and running), and now I'm doing two days s a week at the gym with a trainer (lifting weights, strength training). I hate the gym, but having someone there just for me helps!
  • here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I too only workout at home. I am a treadmill junkie and I love hasfit.com videos! Youtube + a smart tv = unlimited free workouts!!! Way to go on your success!
  • sjmoran
    sjmoran Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Thank you for being an inspiration! I needed that today. :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I'm assuming you are also 5'7 since 159 is your healthy BMI weight - I feel a special kindredness for other 5'7 gals :) You have done great so far, keep it up! You'll get there!!
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! yes I am 5'7. Honestly all Ive done other than count calories is walk... I go for walks around the neighbourhood. or I walk laps in my house if I cant leave. It may sound stupid but I wasn't active before and now I walk 10000 steps a day no problem. other than that I do some random exercise videos on youtube if im feeling it but honestly I mostly walk and count calories :)
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Options
    That is great that you have had so much success. When I first started just doing cardio worked well, but I think my body go use to it and I keep hitting plateaus. Were there some weeks that you didn’t lose at all or was the weight lost pretty consistent for you?
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think no matter what you do there are gonna be weeks you don't lose. there is so many factors that contribute to weight loss not just the exercise you do. Specially since weight loss is more about the deficit then the exercise. I also wanted to lose it in a way I can keep up with in the long run. I am now a more active person just by walking and that makes me happy.Im sure I could have lost faster if I did workouts but it wasn't all about that for me...I lost 70 lbs in less than a year so I really can not complain lol
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Options
    Nope you can’t complain. Great work. I can only hope that I am as successful as you after a year. You are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story :)
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yes, you can do it without a gym!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!