Recent widow, regrouping

Options
Hello,
In February, I lost my husband to cancer after a long, hard fight. I'm kind of getting my feet back under me, or trying to.

While caring for my husband, I ate a lot of comfort food and ended up gaining quite a bit of weight. I also did not have the time, energy, or inclination to exercise.

I feel heavy and slow and old. I don't like that. I have three really wonderful kids (that's my middle kiddo in the picture with me), and I want to be a strong, healthy role model for them. I want to feel fit and vibrant again.

Would love to make friends with positive, motivated people.
Hope to hear from you! :flowerforyou:
Laura

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Nice to meet you :) I am sorry about the passing of your husband :( The loss of my father is what caused a sig amount of my weight gain also. I understand where you are coming from. I will send a friend request and hopefully we can motivate each other :) Just remember to take it 1 day at a time and don't get discouraged :)
  • lkbg45
    lkbg45 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, Cerakoala! And WOW! Amazing weight loss!!!
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura and welcome :).

So sorry to hear of your recent struggles, I hope your doing okay in yourself.

I still have a way to go in getting where I want to be with my weight, so check in and log everyday...I've met some lovely, friendly and motivated people on here :).

If you want to add me, please do :)

Jo
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura and welcome! So sorry about your husband! I lost mine very suddenly a few years ago, and shortly after that, my daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer, so I think I understand what you have gone through. I log in every day. I will send you a friend request.
  • StapfJ
    StapfJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am terribly sorry for your loss. :-(

I am happy to be a weight loss buddy. I am divorced and trying to lose about 20 lbs which I gained in the last 2 years. I find losing weight in your 40's to be terribly challenging, especially as a working single mom.

Take Care.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. Life is so short... I'm happy you're taking some time to take care of you. Please feel free to add me - I try to be supportive and positive.