How to celebrate?

Options
So - good news - just got my second book contract signed today. Yay - first one was fun, this one is gonna be awesome. It's time to celebrate...

except...

I don't know how to do it...

My previous celebrations were either to go out with a few friends to the bar, go by myself and drink lots so I could talk to someone that is a stranger, or hang out at home eating fried chicken and drinking jack daniels...

Those aren't celebrations anymore... a) friends are married/w kids - and you have to schedule weeks in advance... b) um no drinking for me anymore since 5/2 of this year - and c) cmon - that wasn't a treat of fried chicken - it was the whole bucket.

So - what are some ideas to celebrate?

And before you say "go for a nice relaxing walk!" please let me tell you that I understand - I get it - a good walk is good - but I'm doing that anyway! It makes it no different. Argg... I thought I'd be happy that I got this newest goal - but I'm so torn because I don't know what to do about it.

Replies

• NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Why not splurge on something relaxing like a massage or pedicure? Wipe that look off your face, fellas get pedicures too! They are so relaxing!

Or like GuitarJerry says, go for something active. I've been trying to plan out my last reward (no, I still haven't had the opportunity to celebrate it) by going white water rafting! It's on my bucket list and I've lost 85lbs....time to GO FOR IT! GuitarJerry, I'd LOVE to try surfing. Unfortunately, I'm a clumsy soul and I just don't think I'd find success. I'd try it though! Paddleboating is probably more doable for me. I'll have to add that to my bucket list!

I agree with Jerry, the possibilities are endless once you can see past using food as a celebration! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    How about something like skydiving or ziplining?

A trip, even just a short & affordable one on your own to see something new/different.

A purchase that you know you will really enjoy, like a bicycle or a book you've wanted to read or even a video game.

Congrats btw!
  • ayron102
    ayron102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips so far.

I think it really comes down to what makes you happy. I'm willing to say what some people maybe can't? I don't know the answer to that right now. That's why I'm on the site working hard on my weight. That has made me so unhappy (plus a bad relationship for many years) I don't really remember happy. Good point, I'll think about that some more.