Tea Lovers

Options
For those tea lovers..... Which brand and flavor do you love??

Replies

• Evermyre
    Options
    I get loose leaf tea from Teavana. I've got about 4 different blends and it all depends on what benefits i'm looking for. Just a general one when I just want tea though, I'd say Jasmine Phoenix Pearl/Roiboos Tropicana.
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    Bigelow has the best flavors- Peppermint, Pumpkin Spice, and Apple Cider are my fav!
  • robinwenner
    Options
    I love jasmine green tea!
  • ChinChinchilla
    Options
    I love "Stash Tea", they have a green tea mix box that has lots of variety and the great helth benefits of blending with green tea leaves.
  • Elise1395
    Elise1395 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try PG Tips!! Great black tea from England, really good robust flavor. :)
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    coffee bean has a new genmaicha that's really beautiful and tasty
  • Martin_CDF
    Martin_CDF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I buy the cheapy Tesco "Quality Tea"! I can't tell the difference between that and more expensive brands. Which probably doesn't make me a proper tea lover!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    - Black tea with pretty much any spice mix. (got fed up with just plain black tea..)

- Turkish apple tea

- White tea is great!

- Chinese style green tea

- Japanese sencha, traditional way, is a true delight!

- Mugicha is pretty nice! (Hard to come by around here..)

Just to name a few.. :wink:

@nilisabel
    I have a lot of genmaicha that I got as a gift. Haven't tried it yet though.. :/
  • andream024
    Options
    I love Refresh, Earl Grey, Awake and Vanilla Roobios teas by Tazo. My favorite Green Tea is called "Ballerina Tea."
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Is it true that tea has more caffiene than coffee? I friend of mine is pregnant and she says that her doctor told her that. I think I may need to switch to tea if it is:)
  • BlueSkye
    Options
    i love all fruit teas
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Is it true that tea has more caffiene than coffee? I friend of mine is pregnant and she says that her doctor told her that. I think I may need to switch to tea if it is:)

No. Coffee has more.
    I pulled this from the interwebs:

Caffeine content
    Brewed coffee (8 oz) -- 60-120 mg
    Tea - black (8 oz) -- 45 mg
    Tea - green (8 oz) -- 20 mg
    Tea - white (8 oz) -- 15 mg

http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm
  • Martin_CDF
    Martin_CDF Posts: 8 Member
    Options

By weight Tea Leaves contain more caffeine than coffee beans, but by the time you make the drink then tea has less caffeine than coffee. Though I can't remember by how much!
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I love Twinings EveryDay Tea - the best tea I've found by far.:smile:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I love "Stash Tea", they have a green tea mix box that has lots of variety and the great helth benefits of blending with green tea leaves.

Me too! I discovered "Stash" a couple of years ago. Excellent flavor selection and great combos (like Coconut Mango Oolong). Great decaf/herbal assortment too!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Teavana is my favorite, but sometimes very pricey. Rishi is a great everyday tea - I really like their green-mint tea! And their rooibos isn't half bad, either.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    Nestea peppermint in the best. Curbs hunger and it almost tastes like a dessert!
    I also recently got this apple cinnamon tea from lipton and it literally tastes like apple pie.
    I put 2 splenda. My favorite 0 calorie treat :)
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    When I have a sweet tooth, I turn to celestial seasonings: their holiday blend included sugar cookie and gingerbread flavored herbal teas. But otherwise I love the republic of tea
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I really love Celestial Seasonings, which you can find in many supermarket chains. However, I actually go online and buy some of their teas because they have really unique flavors.

I love their Chai Tea and black berry teas. Just a tablespoon of sugar and they taste just like dessert, but with half of the calories.

When I want a plain cup of tea or iced tea, I prefer good old Lipton.

Bewley teas are also quite good. My college used to have them all of the time. I love their apple cinnamon tea.

I mostly like black and white tea, but I'm not a huge fan of green teas. I just don't like how watery they taste.....

Shannon
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I love Refresh, Earl Grey, Awake and Vanilla Roobios teas by Tazo. My favorite Green Tea is called "Ballerina Tea."
    Refrresh is my FAVE! My boyfriend had bought me some from Starbucks when I was feeling under the weather and I just can't get enough of it! I have two tins at work at all times and 3 at work. The baristers always get a good kick out of it when I come in to purchase. lol