Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I love metal, work out to it all the time. :D

Disturbed, Volbeat, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Tool, Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Korn, etc

<3
  • harleykat64
    Options
    I use mostly metal and alot of Clutch for my workouts. Have to have music!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Careful with that mic .....ha ha ha ha
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Pretty much all of From Beale Street to Oblivion sets a great cadence for my biking. 20 years plus listening to Clutch and still in my top five!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I'm a sucker for Mike Scalzi (singer / guitarist / pretty much the one constant in The Lord Weird Slough Feg), so I'm a sucker for two albums by Hammers of Misfortune.

ANYONE EVER HEARD OF HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE! For those of you who like some female vocal action reminiscent of Evanescence (not a big fan, but her voice is cool), or for my homeboy Scalzi, check out the albums August Engine and Locust Years. So goddamn good and something for everyone. Their jams verge on prog metal, but sound so classic.
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded "Beartooth". It's a bit more Screamo than I am used to but not bad...
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Just busted out a mix tape I made a while back that had "Beneath These Waves," a tune by Demons and Wizards about Captain Ahab and Moby ****. Sooooooooooo awesome...

ETA: I truly cannot believe that the title of a piece of classic lit got censored. My bad. Captain Ahab and Moby Penis.
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Forgot a darn good one that I mowed the lawn to yesterday:

Broca's Helm - "Defender of the Crown"
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definite metal head here! I like loads of difference genres of music from folk to classical but metal is hands down the best.
    My favourite workout band is Kiuas, they do a song called Conquerer, so much motivation!
    I did c25k recently and metal makes great running music. Love it :)
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    After four days, the new Mastodon album is the best release of 2014 so far - I'm addicted!
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I worked out/cleaned house to one of my old faves. Pist-on! Pound for Pound is so good to jog to. All of the songs on that album are!
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Another metal head checking in. Mostly into Doom and Death but I do like other sub-genes as well :)
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Anyone ever listen to Skyclad? If so, do you know a good album to listen to first?
  • FullHouseMom
    FullHouseMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I like old 80's rock and new hard rock. Going to go see Night Ranger and Godsmack this summer.... at different concerts of course :) Just joined today and would love to have friends to join me in my journey to get healthy.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Me too! Next bands I'm seeing are NIN and Amon Amarth \m/.

Feel free to add me, if you wish :D
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oooh yes!

Korpiklaani is fantastic if you are looking for some energetic Finnish folk metal to run along to :P

Katatonia for melancholy angst. Perfect for running at night after a crap day at work.

Stuff I've loved for years, Rammstein, Faith No More, NIN, Fear Factory, old Manson - those are perfect for working out too.

My collection is all metal. Nothing else gives me that energy :)

We have very similar music taste :). I saw Korpiklaani last year... So much energy!
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too! Next bands I'm seeing are NIN and Amon Amarth \m/.

Feel free to add me, if you wish :D

I've seen Amon Amarth more than 10 times.. always a good time!

I'm gonna see NIN this summer. I can't wait
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Mastodon tickets are on sale!! :D
  • keithm138
    keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Of course , my entire playlist is mostly metal or hair bands , everything from AC/DC to ZZ TOP and a few of the newer bands as well , I think it's the best workout music for me , nothing else woukd motivate me , I'm a headbanger from way back :). I'm looking for some friends so add me if you like .
  • MrsFatbap2014
    MrsFatbap2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love to work out to Rob Zombie too my other favourite is Rammstein \m/