Food Weighing Help

Options
I don't have a food scale. Does anyone know how much one ravioli weighs? (Monterey Pasta Company Organic Spinach & Cheese Ravioli)?

Replies

• redmagpie91
    redmagpie91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The calories for a cup are here on MFP. Is there a reason you want to know the weight instead? I use a combination of weighing and portion sizes. I would just use a measuring cup.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The calories for a cup are here on MFP. Is there a reason you want to know the weight instead? I use a combination of weighing and portion sizes. I would just use a measuring cup.
    A measuring cup is not an accurate way to measure solid foods.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale but oftentimes don't have much time to use it. So I use the following guides:

http://melissasfitnessclub.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/hw_handportionchart_1222.jpg

http://blog.photocalorie.com/portion-sizes/comment-page-1/#comment-

Have helped so far...
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Besides liquids, I weigh just about everything in grams. Seems more accurate. If you're serious about this lifestyle, a food scale is a MUST.
  • redmagpie91
    redmagpie91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A measuring cup is not an accurate way to measure solid foods.

I know, I just meant that if he doesn't have a food scale, it's at least close. Plus even if you weigh it down to the gram, the portions on the packaging might be slightly off. I personally, do not use a food scale most of the time, because I am getting really good at eyeballing and measuring. I think it's kind of rude to tell someone they aren't "serious" if they don't own a food scale.