Food as gift

Options
So today I've found out that I passed this year with an A and that my external exams are all As. What I am anxious about is that when we celebrate such things at home, my brother loves to splurge(and lucky guy takes after my father who is light as a paper but eats for ten people) and buy me giro or a sandwich(there is a local restaurant nearby who just makes the best sandwiches in existence. Also very expensive I must note) and I know he works hard to earn his money so I don't know if I should reject the gift. It would be good within my calories but I don't feel as brave as to do that(I haven't had something like a sandwich since before I went in-patient for my ED).

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Show your brother this post. I am sure he might take back the gift since it is a bad gift I guess for you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think you should accept the gift. Maybe you could eat half with your brother and save the rest for later. It's okay to enjoy food on a special occassion.
  • janiceesmith12
    janiceesmith12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How about an alternate celebration? Maybe a movie, bowling, hiking, etc. If you can find something from your childhood that you both enjoyed together, that might be a wonderful way to celebrate. For example, my brother loved fishing with my dad, so I might suggest going fishing to celebrate something for him.
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    He actually bought me chocolate made of stevia(:love: ) and later on I'm taking the family out for a trip to grandmere's. Thanks, everyone.:smile:
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be worried about having bad food once in a while, it's a treat for you since you did well in your exams.
    I'm on a diet, but today's my friend's birthday so I'll be eating some cake, and I won't even feel bad about it lol
    Anyway, congrats on passing your exams! :D
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    You shouldn't be worried about having bad food once in a while, it's a treat for you since you did well in your exams.
    I'm on a diet, but today's my friend's birthday so I'll be eating some cake, and I won't even feel bad about it lol
    Thank you so much and happy birthday to your friend.:wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

There's no such thing as 'bad food' just people who eat badly.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i would try and eat it, see it as a food challenge as well :)
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

There's no such thing as 'bad food' just people who eat badly.

Very true, I think everything is ok, and long as it's in moderation.
    I just meant food that's fatty, or carby.