Non-Scale Victories to share?

Options
My biggest NSV of 2014? WATER.

I never used to drink enough water. Even knowing how important it is, I just never seemed to get enough into me. I have been permanently dehydrated for most of my life. Recently I decided to stop paying for water when I went out with my son for lunch.

I live overseas right now, in a country where the tap water isn't always safe, so you literally cannot have tap water with your meal. Soda is cheaper than water, but in this arid climate it pays to drink the water...and YOU pay for the bottled water! Since I home school my son, and we go out during the day to stave off cabin fever, that $5/bottle really eats into the weekly budget! So, to solve the $$$ problem, I purchased some BPA Free reusable water bottles that we carry with us filled with water from home.

I am very proud to tell you that I am drinking 3-4 24oz. "glasses" of water every day!

Non-Scale Victory!!!

What's your latest NSV?

Replies

• clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine is last time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was really high, got it measured the other day and it was normal! That was exciting and my fitness is so much better!
  • Kazzam33
    Kazzam33 Posts: 210
    Options
    Mine is last time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was really high, got it measured the other day and it was normal! That was exciting and my fitness is so much better!

I got mine done the other day & it was still on the high side but I didn't have to use the larger armband... I fit the normal size one now. Yay!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    lost 3 inches and gained an inch.
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Today is my 30th day of MFP, and also my 30th workout logged. This is such a huge accomplishment for me, by far the biggest accomplishment of any attempt at gaining health in my life.

To celebrate I went shopping on my lunch hour today and splurged on a nice new pair of Skechers. I also found a bathing suit top in a size smaller. First time I've bought smaller size clothing in...well...I don't really remember. Possibly ever.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have a couple to share! Love seeing everyone else's, too!

~ sold some clothes on Craigslist, and the buyer wound up being a former coworker (circa 2010). We did not work together all that closely but I recognized her immediately. She did not recognize me at all, even when I told her my name. But then I briefly described where my office was, and said "I've lost some weight since then" and her jaw literally DROPPED and she went on and on and on about how great/thin I looked. I am still overweight but that was an awesome NSV!

~ carried some boxes of copy paper to the supply room at work and realized it was way less of a strain on me than it was a couple of months ago.

~ decided to use my extra calories at a Mexican fast food place last night, but realized I didn't really want/like the tortilla so I just ate the fillings of my burrito. This is a NSV for me not because I am trying to avoid carbs or certain foods, but because I have a longtime tendency to eat all that is on my plate and restaurant foods "how they come". I'd rather not consume unnecessary, unwanted calories though especially when I am hitting my cals/macros either way.
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    Not letting fibro or arthritis stop me from being active and looking after myself. I actually feel so much better for exercise. I never ever would have thought I could have achieved what I can today. I thought my world had crashed. But it was just the beginning of something wonderful.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing skinny jeans, and a fitted t-shirt, and I don't feel self-conscious. I feel amazing, and sexy.
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    I started working out daily. I am two-weeks strong. It was sort of hard after a broken leg and anorexia nervosa. And thanks to some amazing people who helped me in a topic I posted, I no longer feel guilty for eating certain foods.
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!
    I've got two in the past week :]
    One - put some pictures on facebook, and my dad who hasn't seen me in about a month texted me to tell me how great I look!
    two - Was getting dressed yesterday morning, and I couldn't wear one of my shirts.....BECAUSE IT WAS TOO BIG! :] best feeling.....EVER!
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What did Blossom learn today? Gym 1st thing in the morning = starting the day with a negative balance.

In my checkbook that's bad. In my MFP checkbook, its awesome.

Changed my whole attitude about working out. Changed the way I felt today from the beginning. etc, etc. etc. Steady goes the ship, but this was probably the biggest NSV I've had.

Thanks to the MFP'r who pointed it out to me :) I feel like I just cleared the biggest hurdle of my life......yo shizzle :)
  • msharp02
    msharp02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love seeing all these NSVs!! I have been a huge soda drinker all my life, but I'm on day 11 without any soda at all! I'm finally drinking enough water during the day and am feeling great! I'm not going to say I'll never ever have another soda in my life, (if I drink it again, it'll be only on a special occasion, and in moderation) but I feel so much better now that I'm starting to get my consumption under control!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Not letting fibro or arthritis stop me from being active and looking after myself. I actually feel so much better for exercise. I never ever would have thought I could have achieved what I can today. I thought my world had crashed. But it was just the beginning of something wonderful.

^This! If you had told me last year that I'd be a runner and also signed up for a triathlon this year I would have called you crazy, because I always let my RA keep me down. Now I just like to use my body to the best of its abilities and no longer use my illness as an excuse!
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've started having trouble finding clothes in the morning because so many things are now simply too big to wear.
    Also I dropped weight fairly quickly (25 lbs over two months), and yet managed to retain a lot of muscle mass - I went to work out with my boyfriend the other day and was nearly keeping up with him, weight-wise.
    AND BEST - I look in the mirror in fitting rooms and don't get depressed.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!

I went shopping for pants on the weekend and bought a pair of shorts and pants from two different stores, both in a size 6. I've never been a 6 before--I used to be a 12! I was so excited that I took a picture in the change room, which is now my profile picture.
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Wow! You guys are awesome. :)

Thanks so much for responding and sharing all your victories with us. It's always inspiring to hear how people's lives are improving on the journey.

Have a great day!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,259 Member
    Options
    I wore tight lycra to my yoga class for the first time. I am 64.
  • greenplatespecial
    greenplatespecial Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    two pants sizes dropped in two months. Hello Goodwill? I have some clothes for you!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, you guys ROCK!

My NSVs - I recently hit 365 days of logging... And the same day, I went out and bought clothes in my goal size! I think I might shrink one more size, but hitting size 8 pants and medium tops totally rocked!
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wore tight lycra to my yoga class for the first time. I am 64.

I love this!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I just bought S tank tops for summer, and a new belt marked S/M. :-) also my size 8 need belts to stay up now, but my 6's fit comfortably though.
    Side note: I started out my journey 2.5 years ago as XL/2X shirt, and 18/20 jeans depending on brands.