Another T-25 Beginning... :)

Options
Hi there! I'm not really a newbie MFP user, but I am recently returning. :) About a year and a half ago I lost 15 lbs through MFP just by tracking my calories and holding myself accountable. Since then, I've gained it all back and some, but am once again determined to lose it, build lean muscle, and maintain it forever.

I am big on exercising and have recently started to add more weight training into my routine rather than cardio (although I prefer to run every day and skip everything else!). I know that in order to change the way my body looks, I will have to change my routines because running all my life has done nothing but ensure that most of my bad eating wasn't adding MORE weight. Also, now that I am in my 30's... it seems much harder than ever before just to "maintain", so the muscle I intend to build will help my metabolism, energy levels, and mood...

I am now on day two of the Alpha phase of T-25. Would anyone with similar goals like to join me in this renewed journey?

Katie: 5'7
CW: Roughly 156-160
1st Goal: 145 / less than 20% BF
Overall Goal: 18% BF- will revise once reached!

Thanks for reading guys!

Replies

• kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie,

I'm also 5'7" and started at 155 with an original goal of 128, then decided to keep going until now I've maintained at 122 for about 2 years and am focusing on fitness rather than weight loss goals. I just started back on T25 yesterday and completed Day 2 today. There is also another thread on this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1243840-focus-t25-summer-slim-down if you want to find others to join you on this journey.

Best wishes...I look forward to embarking on this T25 journey with you.
  • j9ny
    j9ny Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started week 5 of Alpha round. I too am in my 30s and after baby #2 last year have had a difficult time bouncing back. It's always been easier for me to track my eating habits and make healthier food choices than it has been to work in an exercise routine, but even watching what I eat wasn't yielding the results I'm used to. T25 has been great so far. I don't weigh myself regularly or measure progress, but I can definitely see and feel a difference when I look in the mirror and when I get dressed each day. Good luck!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Buddy up! I'd be happy to help keep you accountable on your journey. I've been at this for over 1.5 years (starting at 230 lbs and 30% body fat). It's a long road best traveled with others.

Allan
  • KatieDelamatie
    Options
    Hey Katie,

I'm also 5'7" and started at 155 with an original goal of 128, then decided to keep going until now I've maintained at 122 for about 2 years and am focusing on fitness rather than weight loss goals. I just started back on T25 yesterday and completed Day 2 today. There is also another thread on this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1243840-focus-t25-summer-slim-down if you want to find others to join you on this journey.

We're on the same day!! That's awesome. I look forward to snooping in your food journal... If it's open :) I love to steal good ideas, but please don't be too judgy if your snooping back because I'm obviously not the healthiest eater.
  • KatieDelamatie
    Options
    I just started week 5 of Alpha round. I too am in my 30s and after baby #2 last year have had a difficult time bouncing back. It's always been easier for me to track my eating habits and make healthier food choices than it has been to work in an exercise routine, but even watching what I eat wasn't yielding the results I'm used to. T25 has been great so far. I don't weigh myself regularly or measure progress, but I can definitely see and feel a difference when I look in the mirror and when I get dressed each day. Good luck!

Same with me. I find that weighing myself all the time stresses me out. And honestly... I don't much care how much I weigh, as it's more about how I feel in my own skin. Good luck to you as well!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me the videos for this about a week ago and I started yesterday.
    Wow I was literally dripping with sweat today after day two's program
    I'm 41. Got to below my goal weight in January but have since put a bit on. I'm about 5 lb from my, I'd be happy to be at this weight forever goal weight of 140. I'm 5'8". I'm looking to lose a little and tone a lot and just be in the best shape I can be.
    More than happy to become friends with anyone following this program.
  • kluvit
    Options
    I don't think I've ever completed a T25 week on consecutive days as I've mixed it up with other workouts, but so far so good!Week 1/Day 3 Total Body = DONE
    Tomorrow is Week 1/Day 4 = Ab Intervals
  • kluvit
    Options
    Hey Katie,

We're on the same day!! That's awesome. I look forward to snooping in your food journal... If it's open :) I love to steal good ideas, but please don't be too judgy if your snooping back because I'm obviously not the healthiest eater.

My diary is open to my friends. No judgment here! I lost all of my weight and continue to maintain with my daily ice cream and weekly chili cheese fries. All things in moderation is my motto! By just limiting and not giving up any of my favorites, I can live this way forever.
  • kluvit
    Options
    W1/D4 Ab Intervals = DONE; however, I really, really, really wanted to sleep in this morning. In fact, my second alarm went off before I got up, but I DID IT anyway knowing that I'd have to admit to you ladies if I skipped out on it. So, thanks for the support and accountability. YOU are the reason I got it done, and I'm so glad I did. :flowerforyou:
  • j9ny
    Options
    Way to go! I tried getting up in the morning to do them but found I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. I have better luck doing them at night.

Btw, curious if anyone tracks their cals burned while doing any of the workouts? I'm not sure I'm inputting accurately in MFP. I usually choose "circuit training - general" for 25 minutes (~209 cals burned) for the cardio, total body, speed 1.0 days. Ab intervals I'll do "sit ups - vigorous" for 25 minutes but change the cals to 150 burned. Lower focus I can't remember what I do, lol. Any ideas?
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I tried getting up in the morning to do them but found I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. I have better luck doing them at night.

Btw, curious if anyone tracks their cals burned while doing any of the workouts? I'm not sure I'm inputting accurately in MFP. I usually choose "circuit training - general" for 25 minutes (~209 cals burned) for the cardio, total body, speed 1.0 days. Ab intervals I'll do "sit ups - vigorous" for 25 minutes but change the cals to 150 burned. Lower focus I can't remember what I do, lol. Any ideas?

I have been doing t25 for quite awhile and I am now on my first week of Gamma.

My calories burned are tracked via a HRM and I am easily over 300 on every workout. I am probably a bit larger than you. I am 5'10 and I was around 220 when I was in the alpha stage. So my advice would be to get a HRM.
  • kluvit
    Options
    So, accountability group, are we doubling up tomorrow, or taking on just one? If just one, which?

If I only do one for Week 1, it will be Lower Focus, since that's the one I haven't done this week, and because I'll get cardio from my weekend running, but if y'all are doubling, I will do my best to get up an hour early (rather than a half hour), to get it done before work.

If doubling, which one first? Lower Focus or Cardio.
  • j9ny
    Options
    That's a tough call. I think I'd go with Cardio first, then Lower Focus. My legs are usually Jell-O after Lower Focus... I can't imagine hopping around to do Cardio right after!