Pizza! Yes PIZZA with out that pesky guilt.

Options
Megkynaf
Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
Cauliflower crust pizza... Made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous!
all you need is 1 head of cauliflower, 1 egg, Italian seasoning, some parmesan cheese, and of course your favorite toppings.

I used onions, bell peppers, spinach, pepperoni, and all natural pizza blend cheese from Kroger. 2 slices 395 calories vs. pizza hut pizza with the same toppings 740 calories.

for full recipe instructions go to...
http://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower crust pizza and make it about once a month!

I have also used cauliflower in place of rice and pasta and I've even used it in place of hot cereal :) LOL

One thing about eating clean is we certainly do get creative.
  • gerle1
    gerle1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but think I may have to soon. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to say cauliflower crust is a bad thing whatsoever...I would definitely try it. But I do have to say, my husband makes thin crust pizza at home with his own crust (yeast, wheat flour, etc) and covers it in veggies and a little cheese and it's around 114 calories per slice (or more of course, depending on toppings). So that's possible too ("regular" crust).

edited to adjust the calories!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Making pizza with a cauliflower crust is a crime...
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Thinly sliced Mozzarella, oregano, paprika, and olives, on toasted bread. 3 minutes under the grill. Bread, olives, and Mozzarella, weighed and logged individually.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is the calorie count compared to a regular thin crust?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I think I'd feel that pesky guilt from eating cauliflower in place of a perfectly good pizza...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

I'm not the OP, but my favorite thin crust pizza from Papa Murphy's (herb mediterranean chicken, YUM) clocks in @ 448 cals for two slices (that's 1/4 of the large size pizza). Not too shabby, IMHO, vs. 395 for the OP's cauliflower thing.

I'm not knocking those who like this, but for those of us who love pizza and hate cauliflower, there are "real" pizza options that will fit our calorie goals, too. :flowerforyou:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it but it just seems like a LOT of work to make.
  • Megkynaf
    Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it but it just seems like a LOT of work to make.

it takes a little time but if you like to cook its fun and relatively easy to do took me about 30 minutes to make and I didn't have to wait for a dough to rise and I knew exactly what I was putting into my body.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I make it a few times a month. It is FABULOUS! I am Celiac so I have to watch everything that has gluten in it. Well I really like pizza now and then and can no longer have it, unitl now!
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How about a good calorie burn for the day and eat any pizza you want?(in moderation, of course)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza without guilt.

Regular kind.

Thanks.

:flowerforyou:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6phqztrMq1rqfhi2o1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6phqztrMq1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

giphy.gif

I ate REAL pizza for lunch. It was good. Really really good...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to say cauliflower crust is a bad thing whatsoever...I would definitely try it. But I do have to say, my husband makes thin crust pizza at home with his own crust (yeast, wheat flour, etc) and covers it in veggies and a little cheese and it's around 114 calories per slice (or more of course, depending on toppings). So that's possible too ("regular" crust).

edited to adjust the calories!

Yep - this!^

I make my own (real) crust too. Yummy.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    1. The word "guilt" should never be associated with eating. Eating is not bad for you. Do not associate food with guilt. That is disordered behavior.

2. Cauliflower? I'm OUT.

11al74x.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21605-1326297733-1.gif
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bcattoes
    Options

I'm not the OP, but my favorite thin crust pizza from Papa Murphy's (herb mediterranean chicken, YUM) clocks in @ 448 cals for two slices (that's 1/4 of the large size pizza). Not too shabby, IMHO, vs. 395 for the OP's cauliflower thing.

I'm not knocking those who like this, but for those of us who love pizza and hate cauliflower, there are "real" pizza options that will fit our calorie goals, too. :flowerforyou:

I wasn't knocking it either, just curious. I love cauliflower, but I also love traditional pizza.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    1. The word "guilt" should never be associated with eating. Eating is not bad for you. Do not associate food with guilt. That is disordered behavior.

Overeating is bad for you. And guilt over doing something that is bad for you isn't disordered behavior. Neither is occasionally doing something bad for you, whether you feel guilty or not.