1 week quick fix diet - help?

Options
I have one week to drop a bit of excess weight before I go on holiday.

I've been loosing weight heAlthily and gradually for about a year now but I just want some quick tips for this week just so I can drop 2-4lbs before I go on holiday if possible...

I'm drinking lots of water and green tea to help flush but what should I be eating this week to help push it even more? I hear limiting carbs and fats (only really eating protein and some greens) would help work quickly??

I normally eat around 1300-1600 kcal a day and that just about maintains my weight, so I'm planning on eating 1000-1200 this week??

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can drop a few pounds of water weight, but not a significant amount of actual fat. The water weight will come back as soon as you start eating and drinking normally. (so....like one day into vacation). If that is what you are looking to do, you can cut back on sodium as well as carbs for a quick drop in water weight.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Abandon the quick fix plan. Keep doing what you are doing. Go on vacation and have a good time, but don't go crazy. When you get back, it's back to work.

Allan
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    As others have said, there's no quick fix. If you drop water weight, it will just come back after a day or two while you're on your holiday. Just keep doing what you're doing and the next time you have a holiday, you'll be that much closer to your goal.

Quick fix and weight loss are some words that should never be in the same sentence or thought. The two don't and never will apply to one another.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Abandon the quick fix plan. Keep doing what you are doing. Go on vacation and have a good time, but don't go crazy. When you get back, it's back to work.

Allan

THIS!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I will often knock out starchy carbs, processed foods and sodium before an event so I'm not bloated but as soon as I hit the bread basket and cocktails it's right back the next day so this approach won't be helpful for a full week.

Keep doing what you're doing, eat a normal amount and go have fun!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    what significant difference will 2-4 lbs make?
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    In for the wacky responses that this is bound to get
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Buy a spanx.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3338768-tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-003017.jpeg

2-4lbs from where?!
    That's not much for a physical change unless you already have a low body fat percentage.

Just continue your eating and enjoy that holiday, hun
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Is your desire to visibly change your appearance in 7 days? If so that is not going to happen. You can do things to drop a few pounds of water weight but that won't make a change to your physical appearance that anyone is going to notice.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    2-4 pounds isn't much of a difference. Just keep up what you are currently doing and go have a great time.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I've been loosing weight heAlthily and gradually for about a year now but I just want some quick tips for this week just so I can drop 2-4lbs before I go on holiday if possible...

I'm drinking lots of water and green tea to help flush but what should I be eating this week to help push it even more? I hear limiting carbs and fats (only really eating protein and some greens) would help work quickly??

I normally eat around 1300-1600 kcal a day and that just about maintains my weight, so I'm planning on eating 1000-1200 this week??

If you have 7 days- I suggest either the Cabbage soup diet or the 3-Day Military diet. it will help you drop a few more pounds and they are actually pretty easy!

sarah-michelle-gellar-diet.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

If you have 7 days- I suggest either the Cabbage soup diet or the 3-Day Military diet. it will help you drop a few more pounds and they are actually pretty easy!

This is terrible, unhealthy and unethical advice. Starving the body of necessary energy and nutrients will not do anything but cause her to lose some water weight, be cranky and likely overeat once the process has ended, leaving her in a worse state than if she'd just continued to eat at a modest deficit. The end outcome of most of these ridiculous starvation diets tends to be weight gain, not weight loss due to the likelihood of binging afterwards.

OP, do not take this advice.
  • chelseababy22
    chelseababy22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

This is terrible, unhealthy and unethical advice. Starving the body of necessary energy and nutrients will not do anything but cause her to lose some water weight, be cranky and likely overeat once the process has ended, leaving her in a worse state than if she'd just continued to eat at a modest deficit. The end outcome of most of these ridiculous starvation diets tends to be weight gain, not weight loss due to the likelihood of binging afterwards.

I appreciate your opinion however- how is this starving your body? I do the cabbage soup cleanse once every 8 weeks and I still make sure to hit 1200 calories. Do a little research on it.. foods are UNLIMITED they are just specific.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

anigif_enhanced-7528-1403274805-3.gif

No.

No.

Again, no.

And more no.

As Brower47 said

• PunkyDucky
    Options

it's all water weight; you do realize that, correct?
  • PRMinx
    Options

I appreciate your opinion however- how is this starving your body? I do the cabbage soup cleanse once every 8 weeks and I still make sure to hit 1200 calories. Do a little research on it.. foods are UNLIMITED they are just specific.

So, if you're hitting 1200 calories, what's the point of this diet? Why not just eat food like a normal person?
  • chelseababy22
    chelseababy22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Yes. I do not do this to lose weight. I do it for a cleanse. If it makes the OP happier doing it and seeing a little movement on the scale regardless if it is water weight or not- is not up to you nor I.

I personally do the 7 day cleanse every 8 weeks. I do lose about 5lbs and end up gaining 2 back, typically. I do this for a cleanse though. Not to lose weight. That is just an extra added bonus
  • PunkyDucky
    Options

Yes. I do not do this to lose weight. I do it for a cleanse. If it makes the OP happier doing it and seeing a little movement on the scale regardless if it is water weight or not- is not up to you nor I.

I personally do the 7 day cleanse every 8 weeks. I do lose about 5lbs and end up gaining 2 back, typically. I do this for a cleanse though. Not to lose weight. That is just an extra added bonus

and may i ask, cleansing of what?
  • PRMinx
    Options

What are you cleansing, specifically?
This discussion has been closed.