Have i done my math right?

Options
So i am 21 years old Male, 172cm and 75kilos.

I have been smoking alot of cannabis, and i am now relaizing i am esting to little. So i did te math to figure out how many calories i need. Carbs, fat and proteins. I just need some advice from more experienced people.

I want to setup a diet plant to increase my calorie intake and also increase appetite.

On paper i noe got

150gram Protein
420gram Carbs
63grams fat

Is this right? I want to gain musclemass and tone up. Gain musclemass and lose bodyfat.. I dont have much extra bodyfat.. I just want to get toned

Sorry for my bad norwegian english

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're working out. :)
  • redmagpie91
    redmagpie91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha I definitely do not have that problem! When I am nauseous or find it hard to eat, I smoke up and it's way easier. On the bright side, I have lost weight because now instead of eating ice cream, I will smoke a bowl instead. I am not very good with all the numbers, so hopefully someone else can help you, but definitely work out! Lifting will increase your weight and muscle without gaining fat.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Gives you 2847cals a day, made up of 59% carbs, 21% protein, 20% fat.
    If that is what you are aiming for, then your math is correct.
  • Jamal_Guildford
    Jamal_Guildford Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Haha I definitely do not have that problem! When I am nauseous or find it hard to eat, I smoke up and it's way easier. On the bright side, I have lost weight because now instead of eating ice cream, I will smoke a bowl instead. I am not very good with all the numbers, so hopefully someone else can help you, but definitely work out! Lifting will increase your weight and muscle without gaining fat.

Lifting with a good diet will make you gain weight and muscle. Dont forget lifting is a physical activity and you burn calories when you lift
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Based on your stats I think you're a little off, here's how I see it...

Calories w / no strength training: 1975
    Calories w/ 3 days of strength training: 2270
    Calories w/ 4 days of strength training: 2335

Based on the macros you stated you'd be eating 2847 calories. If you're going to do some challenging strength training then that's not really a problem. If you're not going to train then you're going to get fat.
  • arfuss
    arfuss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that..i do

3 sessions a week in the gym, i invested in a Personal Trainer to help grt my workout routine and such going. Doing squats, deadlifts etc. Alot of core workopt and such.

I was thinking about adding 3x 15 minutes of jogging a week.
  • Morgaath
    Options

3 sessions a week in the gym, i invested in a Personal Trainer to help grt my workout routine and such going. Doing squats, deadlifts etc. Alot of core workopt and such.

Here is the big thing...do not be afraid of adjusting your calorie numbers. Every month look and see if you think you are getting too fat, or not gaining weight fast enough. Calorie burns in real life (vs being monitored in a lab) are just guesses. This includes all of the online calculators. Some of us have more experience with it so our guess of what we burned in a day are closer to reality, but still guesses. Those guesses don't mean we are any better at guessing how many calories you burned doing something, and even more so when we were not there to see what you did.
  • Morgaath
    Options

Here is the big thing...do not be afraid of adjusting your calorie numbers. Every month look and see if you think you are getting too fat, or not gaining weight fast enough. Calorie burns in real life (vs being monitored in a lab) are just guesses. This includes all of the online calculators. Some of us have more experience with it so our guess of what we burned in a day are closer to reality, but still guesses. Those guesses don't mean we are any better at guessing how many calories you burned doing something, and even more so when we were not there to see what you did.

And as goal, rather than a time, set yourself a distance to jog. It makes you jog faster, and you will burn almost the same calories walking, jogging, or running a set distance, so all you are modifying is the time. And it is easier to tell yourself to really push that last bit when you know the faster you go the sooner you get to stop pushing so hard.

Also, I recommend checking out Fitocracy. It is like MFP, but for working out, and lots of folks will be happy to give advice, and there are groups that have challenges (I was in a weight lifting competition for folks over 40), people can challenge others to a dual (I won a week long push-up dual), and there is lots of silliness.
This discussion has been closed.