Naughty little bacon.....

Options
soup78
soup78 Posts: 667 Member
Okay, so I haven't had that yummy breakfast treat in a while.....until yesterday morning. :grumble: Only two slices, cuz I did remember portion control! Along with two fried eggs and one piece of whole wheat bread toasted and topped with strawberry jam. Ohhhh......my belly. My stomach did NOT agree with those food choices:noway: (I think I lost 5lbs afterwards:laugh: )

I've tried turkey bacon before and really didn't care for it.
Please, does anyone have other suggestions???

Replies

• soup78
    Options
    Okay, so I haven't had that yummy breakfast treat in a while.....until yesterday morning. :grumble: Only two slices, cuz I did remember portion control! Along with two fried eggs and one piece of whole wheat bread toasted and topped with strawberry jam. Ohhhh......my belly. My stomach did NOT agree with those food choices:noway: (I think I lost 5lbs afterwards:laugh: )

• dlavato
    dlavato Posts: 22
    Options
    Oscar Mayer lower sodium bacon seems to be the lowest in calories that I have found it is 70 calories for two slices rather than 70 calories for one slice and it tastes just like bacon. I love it and use it when I am wanting bacon. Good luck and keep up the good work!!! :glasses:
  • soup78
    Options
    hmmmm, I had Kroger brand, hickory smoked - no sugar added and 25% lower sodium and it was 70 calories for 2 fried slices....... maybe it was just the all the fried foods at once.... i don't know...:ohwell:

Thank you very much for the suggestion though.....and the support :flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I like morningstar farms veggie bacon! I'm not a vegetarian tho. I love, love real bacon!

2 strips= 60 cals
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    ditto on the morningstar farms, looks a little funny and obviously not greasy like the real stuff but it has a good flavor to it, i like it for making blt's it adds the flavor and crunch. might be worth checking out if the other one made you sick
  • soup78
    Options
    Thanks guys! :happy: Looks like morning star just made it on the shopping list :tongue:

Thanks again :drinker:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Perfect breakfast: lots of crispy Bacon, Scrambled eggs topped with lots of cheese, Fried (in lots of butter and salt) Potatos, and a very tall, very cold glass of Chocolate Milk. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:love:

Can't help you out with the bacon....I have to have the real stuff with a full breakfast or nothing at all.
  • soup78
    Options
    ....I have to have the real stuff with a full breakfast or nothing at all.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was making this breakfast........Oooooooh, the shame! :embarassed: Then again, I have to sort of "indulge" every now and then! :blushing:
  • magichatter06
    Options
    ....I have to have the real stuff with a full breakfast or nothing at all.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was making this breakfast........Oooooooh, the shame! :embarassed: Then again, I have to sort of "indulge" every now and then! :blushing:

Exactly!!!

Hm Shoney's has a breakfast bar for dinner every Thursday, I think it's about that time to splurge on some REAL breakfast food! YUM!! :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    Options

Hm Shoney's has a breakfast bar for dinner every Thursday, I think it's about that time to splurge on some REAL breakfast food! YUM!! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: That is soooooo tempting:devil:

Hold me back
    not gonna do it:noway:
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree, a little bit of the real deal is the only way for me. :)

The only days I've let myself have any bacon, I had BLT's (whole wheat tortilla) for lunch, and I had NO urge to snack those days, and I stayed within my calorie limits for the day without making changes in the rest of my meals. It worked for me, but I do think the fat/salt/cholesterol issue is the main reason I'll be giving bacon a pretty infrequent spot on my menu. :(

(I'm having a terrible pancake/waffle craving these days, though. Gotta figure out a healthier way to indulge without overdoing it. Whole wheat flour, lower the fat, plus portion control? Guess it's doable.)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I like morningstar farms veggie bacon! I'm not a vegetarian tho. I love, love real bacon!

2 strips= 60 cals

Yes, what she said! :happy:

I also really like the Morningstar Sausage patties; I think their links are just OK.

Here's a link: http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/
  • magichatter06
    Options

2 strips= 60 cals

Yes, what she said! :happy:

I also really like the Morningstar Sausage patties; I think their links are just OK.

Here's a link: http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/

I haven't tried the sausage patties, but I definitely didn't like the sausage links, not what I expected lol
  • soup78
    Options
    thanks for the website, mishy! looks like there's some good recipes on there. cool:glasses:
  • littlespoon
    Options
    Weight Watchers bacon is awesome! Its got so little fat in it that you dont get that sick feeling afterwards. YUMMY!!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

All turkey bacon is not created equal! I ( and family ) have tried them all. The best tasting one out there is Butterball turkey bacon. Try that one and see if you like it. To me, all of the other ones had an after taste....IMHO