RUNNERS: RunKeeper or MapMyRun?

Options
2»

Replies

• Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    I use a Nike+ sportsband. Super simple to use and accurate. The Nike+ also has an ap that most of my irl running friends use.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    None of the above. iSmoothRun is the only app I've used that has every feature I want. Second to that would be Runtastic.

What I love about iSmoothRun:

Cadence feature - tracks your cadence, you can set it to activate a metronome if your cadence falls out of a specific range, or you can have it always on

Shoe tracking - better than the other apps when I tried them

Run/Walk intervals are a bit better integrated

Wide variety of options for voice prompts

Seemingly less battery drain than some other apps

No hidden fees

Integrates with Pebble with its own app -- way better than the stock fitness app
  • robgmartin
    robgmartin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    use iSmoothRun and connect it to both services, fitbit, and MFP. it is by far the best app especially if you have a pebble. Also, get a BT heart rate monitor.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I use endo for walking, and I have a garmin 210 for my runs...

side note

earndit is a nice little site that you link your workouts too and get points for and then you can win stuff, trophy stuff, etc... just something fun to see your points building for working out (if folks aren't already on it)
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use the Endomondo free app. on my phone .... I love love love it!
  • astocks87
    astocks87 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im with you. Strava is the best of the bunch
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use and prefer runkeeper as i can set goals n see how im doing...no friends as yet :grumble:llols
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    earndit is a nice little site that you link your workouts too and get points for and then you can win stuff, trophy stuff, etc... just something fun to see your points building for working out (if folks aren't already on it)

How is earndit different from Pact (or is it not winning real stuff, but more virtual achievements)? Just curious - I haven't really looked at either yet, but Pact makes me wary because I don't want to have to pay if I miss a run ;)

On the app note, I'm looking into Strava and Endo. I'm an Android gal, so no iSmoothRun for me... and I'm using my phone primarily because I'm finishing C25K, so a somewhat "accurate" activity gauge on the phone is something worth having, regardless of how obnoxious it is to carry the phone. lol

Emmy, if you want to add me on RK, I at least have the account...
    http://runkeeper.com/user/laylagabrielle/profile

robgmartin, is the HRM worth having? I mean, Fitbit guesstimates my burn based on activity level and BMI, so it would be interesting to see how close it really is... but I haven't made the additional purchase mostly because I don't want more junk on my arm as I'm running.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    is the HRM worth having?

I have Polar FT60, I don't use it to estimate calorie expenditure but mainly as a guide to effort when I'm training.

For the long slow run I'll stick to 140-150 bpm, for a tempo I'll be around 170-180 bpm and for intervals I'll anticipate being in the 190-200 bpm range.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

How is earndit different from Pact (or is it not winning real stuff, but more virtual achievements)? Just curious - I haven't really looked at either yet, but Pact makes me wary because I don't want to have to pay if I miss a run ;)

sorry for the delay...

earndit has no $$ involved, you link your fitness device/account of choice and when you do/complete/perform a supported workout (usually a GPS type thing, running, walking, biking, hiking, riding, etc) those times/distances get converted to points and you just rack them up.

then vendors will offer a 10$ off or whatever for XXXX amount of points, some of the stuff is neat.. other times they have a raffle type event where entries are 50 pts a piece and you can buy however many you want.

no pentalty for not doing or under achieving type issue, just don't get any points. ( points are something like 1pt= 1 mile walk/run, 1 pt = 5mile bike or something like that... but it lists them out.. ) and you can get points for other stuff too. and the trophies are just "nice to haves" don't do anything for ya but braggin
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run! And my Garmin 110 GPS.
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use and prefer runkeeper as i can set goals n see how im doing...no friends as yet :grumble:llols

What is your Runkeeper username? I'm CidaliaMP

Add me :)