Not enough calories?

Options
Hey guys, I'm kinda confused. Mfp allots me 1410 cals per day, and I already pkugged my day in and it only comes out to a little over a thousand in food, but I was shoveling and sledding for a while today and burned off about 800 cals. So i havr a whole bunch left and i dont want to snack to fill it up but idk what to eat? Any suggestions on healthy choices that arent too low on cals?

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nuts
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Try micowave popcorn, make sure you buy a good brand.It has calories and it taste great. Please remember popcorn take excess water out of your body, which means you look good and weigh less.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Peanut butter + apples
    Avocados (sometimes I mash them up and dip sliced carrots)
    Tuna in olive oil (either plain, or over lettuce with a little balsamic vinaigrette as a salad)
    A couple cubes of cheese
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Please remember popcorn take excess water out of your body, which means you look good and weigh less.

What????
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Please remember popcorn take excess water out of your body, which means you look good and weigh less.

What????

I agree, I don't understand this.

Popcorn that isn't salted is a great, healthy snack- but doesn't have a diuretic effect. It's just yummy and very low calorie.

Salted popcorn actually has the opposite effect.... the salt can cause you to retain water, which will make you puffy and heavier. Unless you have high blood pressure, the salt won't have too serious an effect on your health, but it sucks when you're watching the scale.

I'm a big fan of hard boiled eggs... they're about 70 calories each. Nuts, apple slices dipped in peanut butter. I like babybel cheese, too.
  • reannemaex
    Options

I'm a big fan of hard boiled eggs... they're about 70 calories each. Nuts, apple slices dipped in peanut butter. I like babybel cheese, too.
    Yummy hard boiled eggs:) but i only eat the whites.. The yolk is yucky:/ might try some nuts. I think im outta cheese. Is chocolate milk good?
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk is a great mix of carbs and protein. I'm a runner and know a lot of runners who use it as a recovery drink. Good idea!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE chocolate milk -- both in taste and in helping me reach my calorie goal.