Calorie count on app runs in reverse

Options
I know this is technically not the right place to post this but has anyone who has linked the mapmyrun app to myfitnesspal notices that half way through some exercise (a mountain bike commute) the kcal count starts running in reverse? It goes up to about 70 then I slow down and it runs backwards to 50... any ideas on what is going on? At the end of my exercise my calorie count on the app is much lower than most other counters suggest - especially those which use average heart rate.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the app is calculating based on a particular amount of presumed output and when you slow down it recalculates to take the presumed lower output into account. The app apparently doesn't operate in absolute real time in its calculations and may be somewhat over- or underestimating at any particular point in time.
  • williamtudorkay
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I would agree with you but the final calorie count is about half of what other internet based calorie counters 130 compared to 260 is a huge difference and would be much closer if it didn't count backwards!