How do I save my booty

Options
Ok its all lovely loosing weight and I am loving most of the changes and have managed to get over my sagging boobs but seriously my butt is now representing a squashed apple.

I am 5,2 and currently weight 162lbs, i have another 10lbs to loose as a short goal so I know there is still more change to come but I need advice on what workouts will help save the shape. I workout at home using Insanity, BGWT and a few other dvd's, I have kettle bells and 5 pound dumbells.

I am squatting for dear life and I see great definition in my legs, more toned even the cellulite is going a little but the booty...

Help pleaseeee

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I thought the whole point of losing weigh was to get rid of your um...posterior. In any case, keep at it with the exercises certainly there are other people who may be able to offer you advice on what types may be helpful to tone those muscles. As with everything, it will take time to see the results you're hoping for. As for your rear, that will reduce in size to be proportionate with the rest of you.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Pick up weightlifting. Do weighted squats. Give it time. The squashed apple butt was me at goal weight and a few months continuing my lifting and a slight bulk and boom! Booty lift. Patience. Don't focus on it for now, I would keep doing squats if you can't do weightlifting and see at goal. My body got all kinds of funky shapes on the way to my goal. My stomach looked huge before the end because the rest of me shrunk first, since fat loss is genetics. The best you can do is take weight loss at a moderate pace, eat a good amount of protein, and do some form of resistance training to retain current muscle.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Ok its all lovely loosing weight and I am loving most of the changes and have managed to get over my sagging boobs but seriously my butt is now representing a squashed apple.

I am 5,2 and currently weight 162lbs, i have another 10lbs to loose as a short goal so I know there is still more change to come but I need advice on what workouts will help save the shape. I workout at home using Insanity, BGWT and a few other dvd's, I have kettle bells and 5 pound dumbells.

I am squatting for dear life and I see great definition in my legs, more toned even the cellulite is going a little but the booty...

Help pleaseeee
    Squats and lunges with weights. Not on the Smith machine because you are not using your whole body weight, but at the barbell squat rack so that you use your own body weight. Plenty of You Tube instructional videos on this.

ETA: I'd suggest starting out doing squats with hand weights if you are new to weight lifting. Work you way up to using the squat rack.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I thought the whole point of losing weigh was to get rid of your um...posterior. In any case, keep at it with the exercises certainly there are other people who may be able to offer you advice on what types may be helpful to tone those muscles. As with everything, it will take time to see the results you're hoping for. As for your rear, that will reduce in size to be proportionate with the rest of you.
    Good advice, results do take time. I've been weight lifting for years using the machines in the gym, but then last year started with heavy weights. I cannot tell you the amazing changes I've seen in my body since I've started heavy weight lifting. :smile:
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pick up weightlifting. Do weighted squats. Give it time. The squashed apple butt was me at goal weight and a few months continuing my lifting and a slight bulk and boom! Booty lift. Patience. Don't focus on it for now, I would keep doing squats if you can't do weightlifting and see at goal. My body got all kinds of funky shapes on the way to my goal. My stomach looked huge before the end because the rest of me shrunk first, since fat loss is genetics. The best you can do is take weight loss at a moderate pace, eat a good amount of protein, and do some form of resistance training to retain current muscle.

Great advice, thank you I am about to order heavier dumbells to kick start the save my butt campaign
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No advice, but based on your pics you look great!!! Maybe you should accept the overall package instead of one part.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    No advice,but based on your pics you look great!!! Maybe you should accept the overall package instead of one part.

Thank you, I agree with you and honestly I am slowly accepting things eg my sagging boobs but its a work in progress. we are our own worst critics
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No advice, but based on your pics you look great!!! Maybe you should accept the overall package instead of one part.

Wanting to further improve yourself or achieve a certain look doesn't mean one doesn't accept themselves and certainly should not be discouraged.

I want a larger more firm behind, so I'm doing Strong Curves. This doesn't mean I don't accept myself (I've got an ego so big most people who know me would probably say I need to turn the self love down a notch) it just means I know I can be a better version of myself. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to be the best you that you can be.

Saying that one should just accept themselves as is and not strive for more (if they're so inclined) just sounds like encouraging people to accept mediocrity to me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Wanting to further improve yourself or achieve a certain look doesn't mean one doesn't accept themselves and certainly should not be discouraged.

I want a larger more firm behind, so I'm doing Strong Curves. This doesn't mean I don't accept myself (I've got an ego so big most people who know me would probably say I need to turn the self love down a notch) it just means I know I can be a better version of myself. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to be the best you that you can be.

Saying that one should just accept themselves as is and not strive for more (if they're so inclined) just sounds like encouraging people to accept mediocrity to me.

^Have to agree with what Achrya said.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I agree as well.

Striving for improvement =/= disliking your body

OP, hip thrusts, weighted if you're able will also be a good exercise to improve your bum. I had a flat one, even at my heaviest and now it's getting higher and rounder as the weeks and months of training continue. Good luck on your 'work in progress'!
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options

I agree as well.

OP, hip thrusts, weighted if you're able will also be a good exercise to improve your bum. I had a flat one, even at my heaviest and now it's getting higher and rounder as the weeks and months of training continue. Good luck on your 'work in progress'!

Are these workouts I can do at home if i buy heavier dumbdells?
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options

I agree as well.

Are these workouts I can do at home if i buy heavier dumbbells?
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options

lol @ your ego so big comment but yes i understand where your coming from. It is all about balance though, some days I walk pass the mirror and im like damn and others I am running for the hills. Believe me I have gotten better and I try to let go of the things i cant change but the things I can.. well I want to change them the best way I can.
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Keep doing squats, lunges, and donkey kicks. It sucks everything goes south after awhile. Bob Harper from biggest loser recently put on facebook.....SQUAT ~because noone ever wrote a song about a small *kitten*! LoL
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I agree as well.

Are these workouts I can do at home if i buy heavier dumbdells?

I do all of my workouts at home, so yes, you can. I'm sure there's a variation that could be done with dumbbells but they are normally done with a barbell. You could pick up one of those and purchase additional weights as you need them or get a set. I got mine off Graig's List, a whole set (barbell, curl bar, 350 lbs worth of Olympic weights, bench and rack) for only 200 dollars. It was cheaper than a gym membership and it's incredibly to get my workouts done in my garage. Of course your living arrangements will partly dictate what you can do but even people in studio apartments have made it work. Good luck!