Multivitamin side effect?

Options
I noticed this happening right after I take my multivitamins. I have to go to the washroom so much more frequently!

I am starting to drink a lot more water, so this morning I had a big cup of coffee and two huge glasses of water. Haven't been drinking that much lately, but today I'm starting.

I noticed this when I started taking them, shortly after, I have to pee all the time! It settles itself down after awhile.

Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I start my morning with two full glasses of water, coffee and a multi-vitamin and the same thing happens to me too, haha. I am hope that my bladder will adjust.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure to eat when you take the multivitamin. They're not joking around when they say to take it with food hahaha. One morning I was in a hurry and took it quick then went to take a shower before I ate. I had to cut my shower short because I actually felt like I was going to throw up from not eating! It was unpleasant lol. Other than that I actually haven't noticed having to use the restroom more. But I don't drink as much water as I should either...
  • everet36
    Options
    Also, make sure to eat when you take the multivitamin. They're not joking around when they say to take it with food hahaha. One morning I was in a hurry and took it quick then went to take a shower before I ate. I had to cut my shower short because I actually felt like I was going to throw up from not eating! It was unpleasant lol. Other than that I actually haven't noticed having to use the restroom more. But I don't drink as much water as I should either...
    Yup, it's true. I took one once on the way to an 8am class....had to pull over and puke on the side of the road...
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have never had the 'peeing more' side-effect.

However, I've had the side effect of it turning my pee neon yellow.

Freaked me out, until I figured out the cause. ;)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yup, have the neon yellow side effect too....
  • ErinSupinka
    Options
    Quick question on Multivitamins in general, I was wondering which are some of the best, or most popular ones? I'm looking for one that kinda gives me a little boost or help in as many vitamins/minerals as possible. College campuses are not the easiest place to find good sources=X Any help?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I tried the One-a-day Women's something-or-other, and a week or two later I ended up with a cyst in my bladder that burst and caused me to urinate straight blood (felt like a UTI from hell).

Needless to say, since then I get the green vitapaks from GNC. They're not too expensive, and they have everything you need except for Omega-3's, which you can buy a huge bottle of from Wally World.

Hope this helps :-)